What Do Thais Think Of Thai Visa Forum?...

krisb

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good question krisb i too would like too know what

thais think of tv?

you probably will not get much of a response though

most thais i know cannot read english and struggle to talk it?

rolleyes.gif
  • Like 1

I've got lots of relatives and Thai friends and none of them have heard of TV.

Thank Buddha for that. A lot of what is said on here, would not go over well.

+1

There would be a fair few more farangs joining the Pattaya Flying Club if the Thais knew what was being written here at times rolleyes.gif

• Like 2

OP: it's well known that Australians dish it out about other countries, but most cannot handle any criticism of their own country.

I discuss some TV topics with my Thai wife and if it's about poor customer service, poor driving skills and the endemic corruption she agrees. What she does find amusing is all the pontification and never ending discussions about BG's, just says Westerners are stupid.

I think most Australians would find issue with been stereotyped.. I do..

Looking quickly at your past posts, you appear to be Aussie that has made the move to Thailand... Sure you didn't leave something behind and holding a grudge?

I can honestly say I totally disagree with you and think its a moronic statement to make... Every country has the over patriotic, but to say that most of a country will get offended over some slack is ridiculous.

100% not the way anyone I associate with acts and its not something I have ever come across.

Edited by Jigger

I would imagine they think the same thing anyone else would think about a site about their home country filled with the same type of content.

I think the lack of Thai participation says all that needs to be said.

What, that most Thais can't read and write English, and those that can have better things to do!

OP: it's well known that Australians dish it out about other countries, but most cannot handle any criticism of their own country.

I disagree, its perhaps well known to you. Its not easy to criticize Australia anyway.

You do realize that you are proving his point? tongue.png

Try starting a thread about British engineering and Thai engineering and see which gets the most comments.smile.png

I disagree, its perhaps well known to you. Its not easy to criticize Australia anyway.

Try starting a thread about British engineering and Thai engineering and see which gets the most comments.smile.png

oh dear God.....Not AGAIN...pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!

Do you mind? it was nothing to do with engineering and everything to do with you calling a war between Thailand and the UK. dry.png

Anyway.....happy new year CMK, you've been very quiet this week. drunk.gif

Do you mind? it was nothing to do with engineering and everything to do with you calling a war between Thailand and the UK. dry.png

Anyway.....happy new year CMK, you've been very quiet this week. drunk.gif

You too. In keeping with this thread it would have nice to have a Thai voice in that discussion.smile.png And actually see who was thin skinned.

• Like 1

very good question,but it should be " what Thais think of the attitude of foreigners posting in TV and other expat forums"

The answer should reside in the old maxim " don't kill the messenger because of the message"

TV strength is with in it's sub-forums from which I have derived benefit and entertainment,

and then we have the general forum ! well need I say more?

I guess I do, it would be remisant for me not to mention that TV's general section is better than most expat forums and getting better. But...

Not being Thai I would not know what Thais would make of the attitude of some that post on TV and other expat forums, but I can guess,

and personalty as a foreigner I would be embarrassed, and worried that they might think that I am of the same mindset as some of my fellow expats that post here.

Edited by sirineou
  • Like 1

Thaivisa Forum?

Aye.

Oh you mean the Falang Pantip.

Aye.

Pretty useful and sometimes quite funny.

Sometimes even remarkable if not bizarre. Like the other day, I read about a man complaining about his visit to the circus.

Why didn't he like it.

It was fine, he said; but he was rather taken by another spectator, who asked him how he feels about a trip to the circus.

Hmm... I bet this was posted in some kind of general forum.

Edited by Morakot

I was talking to my Thai neighbor about invasive species (plants, animals etc.). He quickly added farangs to the list.

He laughed like hell, thought it was the funniest thing he'd ever told me.

• Like 1

I was talking to my Thai neighbor about invasive species (plants, animals etc.). He quickly added farangs to the list.

He laughed like hell, thought it was the funniest thing he'd ever told me.

Well, it is pretty funny...kinda like us saying the same thing about the Chinese and Russians.

Edited by NewlyMintedThai

....tongue.png . Edited by krisb

50 replies and 1 answer from a Thai national (and a couple of lurkers clicking like). Knowing Thais this doesn't bode well for their opinions on this forum. Silence here generally is not agreement. Agreement/support in Thailand is a VERY noisy affair (with plenty of flags)!

C'mon. It's well known that the only reason the UK doesn't make television sets is that they haven't figured out how to make them leak oil. rolleyes.gif

Now that there is funny, I don't care who you are.

I discuss some TV topics with my Thai wife and if it's about poor customer service, poor driving skills and the endemic corruption she agrees. What she does find amusing is all the pontification and never ending discussions about BG's, just says Westerners are stupid.

I disagree, its perhaps well known to you. Its not easy to criticize Australia anyway. Perhaps thats why you think like this?

Response deleted

Edited by simple1

I'm Thai, I just want to know u guys saying or comment something about here in Thailand (Just want to know what r u thinking? and what problem that Thai or local don't know that's the problem is out there... and i don't mind what r u talking about (because we are comes from a different place/social.)

Just 1 thing i don't feel comfortable, is when i read the Comment is about Thai Lady... (some kind like "Thai lady cheap" or blah blah blah...)

I know something u talk is true but just give them some respect that all what i want to say.

Well its taken over 50 posts and now we start to get Thais posting. clap2.gif

Firstly Id like to say my Thai wife calls me cheap...not joking.

Second, we appreciate the way you think, and respect your attitude.

Thirdly, Ive never heard of any Thais with the name Steve mc fish.