Shipping A Container For Ireland

charlie42

Hello, and a happy new year to all TV members.

Im not sure where to post this, so here goes.

Have any of you guys shipped a 20 ft container from Ireland

in the past 12 months ?

If so, can you tell me the agent used and cost of shipping ?

I have a 19.5 foot log cabin and some other personal belongings

would like to ship out if possible.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Charlie.

You need to speak to a Feight Forwarding in Ireland, get a couple of quote for shipping say a 20ft container.

Try DB Schenker

The above post is correct you probably need a certificate for the wood product, in fact the FF should check and confirm that you canj import this type of product into Thailand

Another important point is not just shipping cost which would be 2000/3000USD (an educated guess), but IMPORT duties which could be very high

You need to know the total cost before making a decision

You need to speak to a Feight Forwarding in Ireland, get a couple of quote for shipping say a 20ft container.

Try DB Schenker

The above post is correct you probably need a certificate for the wood product, in fact the FF should check and confirm that you canj import this type of product into Thailand

Another important point is not just shipping cost which would be 2000/3000USD (an educated guess), but IMPORT duties which could be very high

You need to know the total cost before making a decision

Second this, especially the point about the import duties. An acquaintance of mine shipped over a lot of his stuff from Ireland 2-3 years ago. The import charges were so high, which he didn't find out about until his shipment arrived in Thailand, that he simply left his things at the docks/customs in Thailand and walked away.

Prefab wood building is subject to 20% reduced duties. Customs in Thailand will assess a value to the goods, lets say thb 100,000. Add shipping and insurance, total value applicable to duties is around 170,000. Multiply by 20%, multiply by 1.07 (vat) = 36,000 baht minimum. So total including shipping around 100,000 baht to port of Bangkok. You need to add inland transport, at around 50 baht per km.

just make sure your customs agent is aware of the reduced import rate of 20%, otherwise you may be subject to the ceiling rate of 80%!!

Gulf sailor. You seem to know a bit.. Do you know how much for a 40" shipping container in Thailand. Does not need to be certified for shipping but needs to be straight and clean. It's for a house conversion. Thanks Allan

sent from my Q6