Which Is Better...thai Price Tag Vs British Quality?

krisb

Me personally, Ive had a fake Omega watch now for over 6.5 years and it looses perhaps 45minutes a year. Pretty good considering the Thai price tag. Looks wise, pretty good also, Im regularly asked about my watch, if only they knew it wasnt the real deal. Therefore, Id take Thai price over British quality anyday.

How bout you?

Omega is NOT British, it is SWISS!!!! tongue.png

but I agree that British has not mich of a quality, thus i would also choose Thai price biggrin.png

Sent from my HTC One XL using Thaivisa Connect App

I do hope you think differently,when you are being flown,by British, Rolls Royce Jet Engines,have a good flight!

• Like 2

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In general, i rather pay extra for quality. There might be exceptions but not often.

Problem is however finding good quality as price does not always mean better quality.

So you start off with British quality, but end with Thai price tag. So thats another for Thai prices yeah?

I bought a Thai copy watch once,it was great for about a week,then unfortunately the Cockroach diedbiggrin.png RIP

Me personally, Ive had a fake Omega watch now for over 6.5 years and it looses perhaps 45minutes a year. Pretty good considering the Thai price tag. Looks wise, pretty good also, Im regularly asked about my watch, if only they knew it wasnt the real deal. Therefore, Id take Thai price over British quality anyday.

How bout you?

but I agree that British has not mich of a quality, thus i would also choose Thai price biggrin.png

Yes Swiss quality safe's to store your Natzi gold in. I agree, the Swiss have quality stuff. (joke aside Swiss are renowned for their watches and chocolate)

And Cuckoo Clocks!

Thai price vs. British quality? Hmmm...you mean like Thai engineering vs. British engineering? I heard that the Thai automotive industry is winning the war with the English automotive industry. I wish someone would start a thread about that. thumbsup.gif

Well of course the Thai Automotive industry is winning the war with British Autos,Thai Autos are all Japanese Engineering, assembled in Thailand,don't they teach you nothing in school!smile.png

OK I'll bite.

Why would ANYONE want to walk around with a fake Rolex?

And if it looks so good, make sure you don't dangle your arm out of a vehicle window if you visit Manila.......you might lose both!

Ummm ..Could it be a fake person?

Thai price is fine for anything where safety and security isn't a concern. Start on tools, electrical appliances safety devices and give me western (not just UK) Quality everytime. Classic example I use an adaptor to plug my UK plug into my Thai socket, these adaptors last 2-3 weeks before they melt because a cheap inferior metal is used on the contacts that heats up and causes the shell to melt. Similar item bought in UK is now 2 years old.

Ok tthen, Im a tradesman, we use Makita grinding disks here in Aus which are made in Thailand. So that kind of throws the safety security thing out the window. Now the adapter you mention I also have a Thai 1 and its been fine for ages now and the UK adapter you have, was it made in UK?

Kris, do makita grinding disks cost a lot less as other disks ore not ? f not then its not Thai price, as far as i know about Makita is that is a great brand that is certainly not cheap. I don't care where something is made i care about the quality of it. If its Thai and quality im happy to buy it.

No they arent cheaper at all, but then it shows Thai quality. Makita is up there with the best.

Sorry to disappoint you,most of Makita is made in China,under license from Makita!

How do you define "British Quality" ? I know the term German quality, but never heard of British quality.

Maybe that is because there is no such thing biggrin.png

Considering the British, Americans, French,and Germans, Invented most major things,it goes without saying the rest of the world,has a lot of catching up!

With apologies to Countries left out.

• Like 1

How do you define "British Quality" ? I know the term German quality, but never heard of British quality.

Maybe that is because there is no such thing biggrin.png

How about the language you are speaking ?

I never knew that a language could be considered a product, let stand it could have a quality grade.

Grade= World Quality then!

Ok you guys are starting to pee me off a bit. Stop the childish arguments. Grow up.

I guarantee 1 reason why you all love Thailand is the prices are cheaper. Thats it, thats my point.

Which one pees you off the most?smile.png

Thats another threadtongue.png....but its not ya dog CMKthumbsup.gif Edited by krisb

How bout you?

I do hope you think differently,when you are being flown,by British, Rolls Royce Jet Engines,have a good flight!

Always do, especially when its a Thai pilot in control.

Also Makita grinding disks are made in Thailand, I use em all the time at work. Makita is also made in Japan and China.

Edited by krisb

The Brits were just lucky with their language, if it was not English it would have been an other language. Wow big accomplishment.

The Brits were just lucky with their language

Huh? Are you for real?

if it was not English it would have been an other language

No!! Really?

The British didn't force the World to use the English language, it evolved as the most useful language,and fairly easy to learn.

During the sixties the powers that be decided on a new European Language (combining several European countries language)called: Esperento,unfortunately after years of pushing to adopt the new language,with no real enthusiasm to learn to speak it,the idea was permanently shelved.

The Brits were just lucky with their language, if it was not English it would have been an other language. Wow big accomplishment.

Huh? Are you for real?

No!! Really?

The British didn't force the World to use the English language, it evolved as the most useful language,and fairly easy to learn.

During the sixties the powers that be decided on a new European Language (combining several European countries language)called: Esperento,unfortunately after years of pushing to adopt the new language,with no real enthusiasm to learn to speak it,the idea was permanently shelved.

Well I learn something every day. I didn't know that colonization was voluntary.smile.png

Huh? Are you for real?

No!! Really?

Esperanto was developed in the 1870s by a Russian Jew. People who spoke Esperanto were put in concentration camps and killed in the Holocaust.

I think I'll get back in this discussion when I start having my period. I'll fit right in then.

But then maybe not, I might get myself banned.

If you still have periods you are probably too young for this forum whistling.gif

But the real question is are you made in Britain.

Huh? Are you for real?

No!! Really?

Esperanto was developed in the 1870s by a Russian Jew. People who spoke Esperanto were put in concentration camps and killed in the Holocaust.

Without going to far off Topic,I have just read the Wiki article.Amazing how long its been around,and it's History,shame it seems doomed to failure as an International Language!

I thought British quality was made in China ?

or by the germans like the mini, rolls or bentley

The Mini is made in the UK.

by bmw

British labor with some decent German quality control, what's wrong with that? It works well in Thailand as I think a number of posters have pointed out.smile.png

Edited by chiangmaikelly

I thought British quality was made in China ?

or by the germans like the mini, rolls or bentley

The Mini is made in the UK.

by bmw

And your point is? The company is BMW, but the factory is in the UK and all managers and workers are British (apart from any migrant workers).

And I bet the Native Americans, Maoris, Inuit and native people of Rhodesia apreciated them too.

Alexander Fleming............... penicillin

John Logie Baird...................television

Alexander Graham Bell.........telephone

Should add to the list, Joseph Lucas...............Prince of darkness.

And your point is? The company is BMW, but the factory is in the UK and all managers and workers are British (apart from any migrant workers).

So does that make it a British car?

It's a British-made car, yes, the company (BMW) is German though, so ultimately it's a German car, albeit one that's manufactured in the UK by British workers.

It's a British-made car, yes, the company (BMW) is German though, so ultimately it's a German car, albeit one that's manufactured in the UK by British workers.

So what would you call a car made in Thailand by Thai workers and Thai managers?

So what would you call a car made in Thailand by Thai workers and Thai managers?

transport.

Edited by harrry

I would call it a [nationality of the motor company] car. If it was a Thai company then it would be a Thai car, a German company a German car, etc.

So is a German car made in Britain better than a German car made in Thailand or are they the same?