• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mae Sa waterfall - one of the numerous levels in Chiang Mai Province

21029283043_678ab97677_b_d.jpg

Beautiful shot;

Can you explain me how to do the same effect , please

What is its name (effect ) ?

My camera is a Lumix FZ200 ;

if I use priority speed ...after what to do ?

Edited by Assurancetourix

Actually, this is a long exposure using a Big Stopper 10X neutral density filter. It would be almost impossible to get this effect

in normal daylight without such a filter because the exposure time would be too short to capture the silky water look. In this case,

the photo was taken as ISO 50 f/8 and a 10 second exposure. Under low light conditions, such as late afternoon on an overcast

day, using a small aperture you might be able to get a few second exposure with your camera without using a filter. Otherwise,

you will need a neutral density filter, preferrably something equal to a Lee brand Big Stopper or Little Stopper. Oh, a tripod is

a must for this type of shot due to the long exposure.

Hope this helps.

Nice shots Jimmy,but your bowing the screen out there mate.What size are those pics 1600 x 1200?

ah! w00t.gifw00t.gif asked that question a couple of times lately !!! ... on the larger images and told they were OK Posting via Chrome...facepalm.giftongue.png

yes that was 1600 x one was 2400 something on the first one I did

OK will cease on some of my images that are oversized lots of work to redo! wink.pngfacepalm.gif

Here's a 640 x 480 to make up! tongue.png

Koh%252520Toa%252520and%252520Nang%25252

Maybe it's only me that's having issues Jim,am using Firefox as my browser and maybe it difficulties in re-sizing images.

I was using FF until spellcheck went south last week... Let's see what others say, in the meantime I will try to only use 1024 x

Sent you a PM! wink.png