Recycling Electronics

NHJ

Hi,

i got a lot of broken modems, mainboards, printers an old CRT screen and other various electronic devices .

The problem is the local scrapyard(bophut before the temple) where i'm going doesn't accept electronic components, they do accept batteries, metal parts etc.

does any of you know where i can go ?

Thanks.

My staff try to re-cycle as much as possible. I wish that it was for ecological reasons - but it is purely the money.

They always get a lot more money when I throw out anything electrical.

So I would guess that if you took your things to the recycling depots dotted around the island - you could not only dispose of them in a nice way -but also get some money for it.

Alternatively, put them beside the government bins. The roaming recyclers will pick them up. (In a clear plastic bag would be nice - stops the rust etc.)

• Like 2

I got hold of phone number to a roaming scrap recycler. He'll pick up anything you'd like to throw and may even pay you if it's stuff he can re-sell.

Gave me 40 bt for a couple of old spent UPS batteries.

087-281 8870

Edited by Mole
  • Like 1

Around Maenam there a lot of these "roaming recyclers" .... I am sure there would be in most areas, perhaps not so many in places that are up a "dead end" road....

Really not hard to get one of them trained to stop. I just leave a plastic basket near the gate... sometimes it gets picked through for certain items, but usually in day or two it's all gone.

The man and lady who do the street cleaning on a couple of Soi's around me, also will take some items to make an extra "bob or two"...

(Keep Samui Clean crew.... they do a great job, generally!!! thumbsup.gif )

• Like 1

I had loads of old computer hardware, printers and TV a few months ago. The easiest way to get rid of unwanted electrical stuff is to put in a black bin bag and leave at the side of the road near where the garbage truck picks up. Within Minutes, Isan people will have taken all your old hardware away.