Krill Oil

Sometimes,'just about as good'...

ain't good enough cool.pngcool.png

Six of one, half a dozen of the other.

RESULTS:

"We found that KO, containing bioactive n-3 PUFAs in the form of phospholipids, was capable of modulating lipid metabolism by lowering plasma levels of TAG and cholesterol and stimulating the mitochondrial and peroxisomal fatty acid β-oxidation, as well as improving the overall carnitine turnover. Though the administration of FO was not as effective as KO in the lowering of plasma TAG, FO significantly improved the levels of all cholesterol classes in plasma. Except from the increase in the levels of IL-17 in FO-fed mice and a trend to decrease in MCP-1 levels in KO-fed animals, the levels of pro-inflammatory cytokines were not substantially different between treatment groups".

• Like 1

RESULTS:

"We found that KO, containing bioactive n-3 PUFAs in the form of phospholipids, was capable of modulating lipid metabolism by lowering plasma levels of TAG and cholesterol and stimulating the mitochondrial and peroxisomal fatty acid β-oxidation, as well as improving the overall carnitine turnover. Though the administration of FO was not as effective as KO in the lowering of plasma TAG, FO significantly improved the levels of all cholesterol classes in plasma. Except from the increase in the levels of IL-17 in FO-fed mice and a trend to decrease in MCP-1 levels in KO-fed animals, the levels of pro-inflammatory cytokines were not substantially different between treatment groups".

Well that makes it perfectly clear.w00t.gif

• Like 1

Why bother when fish oil is just about as good. See reports on www.ConsumerLab.com for a rundown.

Sorry , you are completely wrong there. Anyhow "just about" is not what i am after. I have used both and believe me i know the difference.

RESULTS:

Well that makes it perfectly clear.w00t.gif

Its ok ikbenhet. What it says is that both work the same on animals, but i use it for myself and there is a difference.

One advantage of Krill oil over Fish Oil is the equivalent dose or greater dose of the omega 3 oils (EPA. DHA, etc.) in a much smaller gel cap... Some people just cannot swallow the large Fish oil get caps.

• Like 1