Police In Chiang Mai Arrest Suspected German Child Molester

webfact

52 years old and living here for five years on a retirement visa? I thought you had to be 50 to get one of those.

"Most" people must be 50.

Early retirement for health reasons and sufficient funds might do the trick as well.

umm ... call me a pedant but Chiang Mai is 700+ km north of BKK ... if they can't get that right, hard to trust anything else they say. Unless there is another Chiang Mai 100km south of here...

You're a pedant.

• Like 2

just saw it on the Thai news. Michael Klaus been living in Amphur Chang Phuek Chiang Mai for more than 20 years. he was arrested with a Thai man as well who looked to be in his 30's. German guy looked scared as hell. computers were seized as well as bags of condoms and pills.

Was having sex with 12-15 y/o boys and (as I understood it), pimping them out to other child molesters.

Edited by Oscar2

umm ... call me a pedant but Chiang Mai is 700+ km north of BKK ... if they can't get that right, hard to trust anything else they say. Unless there is another Chiang Mai 100km south of here...

Take everything you read in a Thai news article with a large pinch of salt.

At least they didn't print his name and passport page all over the place. No one should be linked to such offenses until proven guilty.

Name is on Thai network TV, it seems...

At least they didn't print his name and passport page all over the place. No one should be linked to such offenses until proven guilty.

Name is on Thai network TV, it seems...

They showed his open passport close up on channel 3 news.

52 years old and living here for five years on a retirement visa? I thought you had to be 50 to get one of those.

See the first line of post 12.

Could be two gardeners/menial workers, and a set up/shake down by the coppers or someone with a grudge against him. Let's remember the International school teacher from Tasmania working in Phuket a few years ago. And his time in jail, career finished, all over nothing but a Thai woman with a grudge.

AH, a touch of reality in the forum...

For Thais,13 year old 'wives' are OK, but boys are not - interesting cultural duality.

Personal experience; one S-I-L 'married' at 13, one niece 'married' at 14, a local 16 yo shopkeeper with a 2 yo boy (3 kwup), rural short-time bar with 12, 13, &14 yo girls...

• Like 1

I suppose they could be using this.

http://www.distancef...ang Mai/Bangkok

Also Google Earth shows 580 km as the crow flies. Also, 600 is the normal reported distance in most publications I've read.

"Thai 'pimps' ... selling kids"? Doesn't the article say he abducted those boys? While any type of child abuse should be fought and made public, we should also be careful to not dramatize and create an image that isn't true. In my four years in Thailand, I didn't encounter any type of child prostitution or "pimps selling kids". But I do know such statements from the Western yellow press and from people who have never been to Thailand or who saw some young-looking hooker in Pattaya and thought she is 16 and not 29.

Wow how ingnorant are you??? it happens all over the world Thailand is not exempt , the globe is full of peado networks trading kids !!! get your head out of the clouds mate !!!

"Peado networks trading kids" do exist but the world is hardly full of them. They are a small minority group of sexual deviants who have a large public exposure because of the nature of their crimes and the devastating impact they have on their victims. They exist in small number in all parts of the world but are more active in places where children are more vulnerable because of conditions such as poverty.

For the Thai readers among you there is a detailed report on cm108 (link below) with mucho photos (passport etc). Seems to suggest German police involvement as well (hence perhaps computer seizure * 2).as well as posts on internet sites.

Plus copy of video news.

http://www.cm108.com...iuoeeaeaaoaaoa/

Edited by mamborobert

Its usually older pimp boys who manage/ rent out the younger ones - usually they seem to exist with some level of BIB knowledge.

Likely the kids are orphans in the first place. it doesn't seem a sophisticated network thing but much more informal.

The older pimp boys seek out customers for the underage and also for themselves.They know who their customers are and they know who they aren't.

Anyone engaging in this is unlikely to be doing so in a vacuum - they will be known about after a short time!

That goes for newspaper reports all over the world.

"Thai 'pimps' ... selling kids"? Doesn't the article say he abducted those boys? While any type of child abuse should be fought and made public, we should also be careful to not dramatize and create an image that isn't true. In my four years in Thailand, I didn't encounter any type of child prostitution or "pimps selling kids". But I do know such statements from the Western yellow press and from people who have never been to Thailand or who saw some young-looking hooker in Pattaya and thought she is 16 and not 29.

Read the article....says naught about Pimps.