Nonthaburi Immigration Has Changed

Wow what has happened. I've been going there for some years now. In the past it has has always been smiley smiley with the boss cracking jokes. He moved to another job though quite a few months ago now. Today they all seemed grumpy, the guy who dealt with me spoke about two words, usually they have a nice chat to my wife. I saw an officer take a passport out of a tray and 'bark' at someone. I hope that things will be more like they used to when it's visa renewal time.

Also I now see outside a '90Day Drive Through', two lanes infact, weren't working though ... wonder if they ever will. I guess that someone has been to McDs. Wouldn't want to be stuck in that hot box all day though!

I had an experience similar to yours in Nonthaburi when I went for my extension of stay a few months ago. Very sorry to see the guy in the back leave. No joking any more and everyone seems very serious because of the new boss. By the way, they required me to have have my savings book updated the day of the interview. This never was required previously and I had to go to the bank in the middle of the interview.

I went there today for my 90 day report. It was a good thing I had the form TM47 filled out ahead of time as they did not print the form as they had done the previous two times I went there.

Yes, it was serious, the man doing the 90 day reports was not talkative but at least no waiting, just put the forms and passport in the basket and wait your turn. You still need the face page of your passport along with the TM47 and sign both for service.

The personnel in the office seemed to be in a jovial mood but maybe the boss had not arrived for work.

Edited by puyaidon

I went there today for my 90 day report. It was a good thing I had the form TM47 filled out ahead of time as they did not print the form as they had done the previous two times I went there.

Yes, it was serious, the man doing the 90 day reports was not talkative but at least no waiting, just put the forms and passport in the basket and wait your turn. You still need the face page of your passport along with the TM47 and sign both for service.

The personnel in the office seemed to be in a jovial mood but maybe the boss had not arrived for work.

During my last 90 days reporting was told (I speak Thai fluently) that the new lanes may not open, as the new boss is not fond of the system. Was also told that no other immigration office in the country is or would implement such lanes; seemingly somebody is realizing that the lanes will be blocked for ever when someone is required to provide a photocopy of whatever is missing !

As for the attitude, it seems that it all depends on who is on duty when you land a seat for your particular processing. Personally, given the language advantage, never experienced a glitch, ever, but touching wood...

During my last 90 days reporting was told (I speak Thai fluently) that the new lanes may not open, as the new boss is not fond of the system. Was also told that no other immigration office in the country is or would implement such lanes; seemingly somebody is realizing that the lanes will be blocked for ever when someone is required to provide a photocopy of whatever is missing !

As for the attitude, it seems that it all depends on who is on duty when you land a seat for your particular processing. Personally, given the language advantage, never experienced a glitch, ever, but touching wood...

Good info. By the way, do you speak Thai?

• 2 weeks later...

Good info. By the way, do you speak Thai?

Fluently (reading as well)

I have been going there for many years now sad to hear that was always a easy process and friendly place, is the guy with the patch on his eye still there? He was always good to deal with,

he is still there and has always been one of the best ones to deal with.