Fake Fedex "u Have Mail"

skippybangkok

Just got a mail from FedEx ...... But not.

Give always, stupid mail address they sent from, sent to a mail address I use for low value / risk things ( disposable ), and the package was " delivered at 6 jan " ( slight grammar error ).

Had some links I did not click ...... Buyer , in this case, browser beware !

Very common.... usually an email with a "message" in a zip file, which is, in fact a virus or other malware.

ANY unsolicited emails of this kind should NEVER be opened, but deleted immediately..... the one exception to this would be the one that will soon arrive, offering you the opportunity to invest in new buffalo farming techniques, (bulging with potential karma for you), a charity I am establishing for homeless and neglected buffaloes....whistling.gif

Seriously, any emails that have "an important message"...or ""undeliverable parcel, please complete the attached address label"....or similar crap from unknown sources, BIN THEM. Even if you get one that has an air of familiarity, but not 100% true, check the sender's address before being tempted to open it.

• Like 1

ANY unsolicited emails of this kind should NEVER be opened, but deleted immediately..... the one exception to this would be the one that will soon arrive, offering you the opportunity to invest in new buffalo farming techniques, (bulging with potential karma for you), a charity I am establishing for homeless and neglected buffaloes....whistling.gif

As a professional-breeder of high-quality genuine-Thai neglected & homeless water-buffalo, based in Nigeria & the B.V.I., I will be pleased to donate for free a hundred animals to your start-up charity, the only problem being that you will need to send me their airfare ... bank-details to follow shortly ! tongue.png

Been getting that e-mail for a few days now and of course promptly dumped it as I don't do business with Fedex and general suspicion on any e-mails with attachments.

Sensible to be suspicious. I guess it is possible that I might have deleted a few bona fide emails along the way, but tht is a small price to pay for the countless spam emails that I have deleted and avoided the consequences.

The best thing you could do with these attachments is upload them to virustotal.com, that way (if it's an "unkown" virus or just some minor change to a known virus) other people will be protected as well, as the signatures of these files will be added to many virus scanners (not sure but I think 40 Virusscanners in total ) !!

Edited by MJCM