Chalerm Leads Delegation To Malaysia For Talks On Thailand's South

webfact

Chalerm leads delegation to Malaysia for talks on Thailand's South

By Digital Media

ch.jpeg

BANGKOK, Jan 8 – Deputy Prime Minister Chalerm Yubumrung leaves for Kuala Lumpur today for talks with high-level Malaysian officials on cooperation to maintain peace in Thailand’s troubled far South.

He said he is scheduled to meet with the Malaysian interior minister and security officials to discuss peace-keeping measures for southern Thailand.

He would not disclose details of the planned meeting but gave assurances that the southern situation will improve.

Mr Chalerm is scheduled to meet Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak on Thursday and is accompanied by senior Thai officials including Thai Army Chief-of-Staff Gen Udomdej Sitabutr, Fourth Army Region commander, the national police chief, the secretary general of the National Security Council, the secretary general of the Southern Border Provinces Administrative Centre and officials responsible for dealing with the southern problem.

He will also meet with operators of Thai restaurants in Malaysia who have associated under the Tom Yum Kung group tomorrow.

The deputy premier said he will visit the South in the middle of this month. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2013-01-08

Oh, Lord! Send anyone but him.

Very sad to think this guy is allowed to represent Thailand in any capacity. My girlfriend is throughly embarrassed by this man.

I take it that your girlfriend holds a high ranked political position, otherwise I wouldn't have a clue as why the feelings of your girlfriend are of any importance here.

Very sad to think this guy is allowed to represent Thailand in any capacity. My girlfriend is throughly embarrassed by this man.

I take it that your girlfriend holds a high ranked political position, otherwise I wouldn't have a clue as why the feelings of your girlfriend are of any importance here.

Assuming she is Thai, and possibly even a red shirt supporter as is mine, she is an example of how even die-hards run out of words when it comes to defending the likes of Chalerm.

I hope he realises that teetotaller muslims may be offended by the smell of stale alcohol from his skin.

• Like 2

She's merely a normal Thai girl. Her opinion is no less or more valid than a 'high ranking politician'. Only difference is, the high ranking politician works for her and not the other way round.

• Like 2

One doubts that going to Malaysia will solve anything, the politicians seem to think that this problem can be solved by them , all to simplistic, they need to talk to the people at the coal face the radical muslim and what they would hear would certainly not suit their idea of solving the problems, to be truthful Chalerm and everyone in Thai politics is aware of the answer, implementing it is another thing.This is just another exercise of many , they seem to be doing something when nothing is getting done at all.coffee1.gif

I'll bet all of his pimping and expertise in massage parlors and bull terriers make him a real expert on tensions in the south.

Thailand should be embarrassed, being represented by a pimp (although kind of fitting).

Bringing his pimp game to a new level!

• Like 1

In Today's BKK Post Chalerm is claiming he has an agreement with an Islamic leader to broadcast a recorded message on the new broadcasting facility being established in the local language outlining government solutions; whatever they may be (?) Also saying negotiating work permits for Thais in the Deep South to work in Malaysia to reduce unemployment. If, and it's a big if, the Thai government can reduce unemployment in the area you would think it's a positive step forward.

a. This guy is a national embarrassment to Thailand, a thug masquerading as a politician.

b. Why is he going to Malaysia ??? I would think it would be more logical to speak to the Pattani rebels

about what they want. Wait I guess that could be a bit dangerous, better to hang out in Malaysia.

• Like 1

The reference to leading and Chalerm may be a little misleading. He seems to have a perchance to lead to the bar, reporter's interviews, etc but he has yet to actually lead to any noticable acomplishment on any projects to date. I am sure he will come out huffing and puffing about what is going to happen as per his directive, but 3 months down the road, it will be 'same same' zilch.

He as those like him should have been either "put out to pasture" or "put down" several governments ago.

Shouldn't negotiations with ministers of other countries be the job of the Foreign Minister, or is he currently too busy, not negotiating with Cambodia about the likely outcome of the ICJ over the boundary round the temple ?

In Today's BKK Post Chalerm is claiming he has an agreement with an Islamic leader to broadcast a recorded message on the new broadcasting facility being established in the local language outlining government solutions; whatever they may be (?) Also saying negotiating work permits for Thais in the Deep South to work in Malaysia to reduce unemployment. If, and it's a big if, the Thai government can reduce unemployment in the area you would think it's a positive step forward.

You would have thought finding jobs in their own country would be better.. no!

sent from my Q6

What unemployment? Instead of avoiding even visiting the south, Chalerm is pretending to do 'something' by doing the foreign minister's job - it's called 'grandstanding'. He is the wrong person to be put in charge of anything.

You would have thought finding jobs in their own country would be better.. no!

sent from my Q6

Of course I have to agree, but do not know the challenges in the Deep South economy for job creation

What seemed like a good idea to Britain & Thailand in the early 1900's, the transferring of Malay people to Thai sovereignty, has come back to bite the Thais. A long term solution may be to consider transferring those provinces to Malaysia. I know it won't happen, or not until lots more blood has been spilt.

I'll bet all of his pimping and expertise in massage parlors and bull terriers make him a real expert on tensions in the south.

Thailand should be embarrassed, being represented by a pimp (although kind of fitting).

Bringing his pimp game to a new level!

Who are you talking about?

(Chalerm is not Chuwit, Chuwit is the massage guy, Chalerm is the guy who helped his son escape a jail term after he killed a cop).

That's who I was talking about, my mistake. But none of them are worth remembering in my opinion, so easy to confuse one crook for another.