Bringing The 7 Year Old Boy

Thomas_Merton

I am bringing the 7 year old boy (and the rest of the family) to Pattaya/Jomtien in August.

Been there many times myself, but always viewed the place from an adult perspective.

What's happening, apart from sea and sand, that might interest a 7 year old?

The elephant zoo, Tiger Zoo, Crocodile Farm, Cobra Show, Elephant Trek - dunno kiddies seem fascianted with animals so this might be a good fun for him.

Water Park??

I am bringing the 7 year old boy (and the rest of the family) to Pattaya/Jomtien in August.

Been there many times myself, but always viewed the place from an adult perspective.

The elephant zoo, Tiger Zoo, Crocodile Farm, Cobra Show, Elephant Trek - dunno kiddies seem fascianted with animals so this might be a good fun for him.

Water Park??

How about the animal show in walking street on a Saturday night, or snail hunting for Barryofthailand? :D

Seriously though, outside of the beach, water park and zoos etc. its a toughie. How about Ripley's believe it or not? (never been there - any good for kids?), the movies/cartoons (cinema and UBC in the hotel), Macdonalds, KFC, Ice cream parlours. I'm struggling. The aquarium place just past Jom tien, .

My step son, aged 8 is coming to live with me in March, so if I think or discover anything else I'll let you know. :o

Edited by Mobi D'Ark

My son flew out last november and i took him around some of the bars and to pattaya park where theres a water park and a fun park hel_l love it. My man Gus is 15 but they both like that shit at any age dont they. give me a shout when you arrive and ill show you some good places to go when he's gone to sleep. :o

What about Soi Diamond? :o Just kiddin', there is also the Pattaya Underwater, down on the Sukhumvit Highway, the Ripley's Believe it or Not would be another one suitable for a kid, Nong Nooch, Mini Siam... Also, the Dreamworld in Bangkok is a very fun place for a kid if you get the chance to get there. Have fun!!!

Edited by alexth

How about a 7 year old Thai girl? :D Just ignore that, I'm being silly.

The obvious attraction ideas are already posted by others in this thread. If your boy loves animals plan to take him to some or all of places where animals are on display.

Kids will always find plenty to do on their own accord. You are looking for suggestions "apart from sea and sand" but most 7 year old children will happily play at the beach, or around your hotel pool all day.

They soon team up to play with other kids of a similar age and you'll be left alone with your newspaper feeling lonely.

They are happy to walk with you whilst shopping as long as they get a double scoop ice cream on the way. :o

How about MOnty's pool in Soi sunnee Plaza

the place has a really good swimming pool and loads of attractions for children ,

A water slide -small pool kiddies size -----many animals -Rabbits and Birds and the place is really

designed to be a a childs paradise ,with concrete replicas of wild jungle animals

TM... I live here.

:D

Send me a PM when you get here (or nearly here) and we'll arrange a suitable welcoming party... ready lads? :D

No probs about your 7YO... just a bit concerned about the size of the rest of the family... :o

I brought four grandkids (ages 4-9) with me on my last trip and they had a blast. They actually spent most of their time in my wife's village outside of Korat, and despite the language problems, they had a great time playing with the other kids. We also took them on some side trips--water parks, elephant rides, visiting temples and ruins, etc--but the little ones seemed to have the most fun chasing chickens in the village (maybe not the safest activity at this time :o ).

Our 7 year old loved Pattaya , but loved Ban Nork more.

In Patts we divided time between the hotel pool , Pattaya Park and Jomtien Fishing Park.

A day trip to Koh Larn was ok as well. In the evening a film or 2 , a trip to friends Bars ( safe enough ) and various restaurants with shows ( Ruen Thai etc )

10 pin bowling , Bang Saen Ocean World , it's a decent place for a kid , despite what some may opine.

To everyone: Thanks for all the suggestions. They are all duly noted.

To Jai Dee: I'll PM you as the time approaches. It would be nice to share a Chang and some Thaivisa teasing.

A general comment. We visit Thailand quite often though we always stay "up country". This time, we have invited Mah and Pah and my wife's sister for a week in Pattaya, prior to our trip north to chase chickens, goats, cows and a selection of geese.

Between the animals, the other kids, the tractors and cars that need repairing in Grandpa's workshop we are lucky if we see Martin (our son) for more than 5 minutes each day - and that only to grab a handful of sticky rice and a swig of water.

Pattaya was our worry as it has always seemed such an adult place.

Thankfully we have been put right.

The beach itself is probably the least interesting place. It's dirty with all the food scraps, plastic bags and bottles, stray dogs... I would not let my child touch that sand.

There are places better than that.

Underwater world. I heard it's run by the same company as Singapore's Sentosa Island place.

Good for about 2 hours, ask when shark feeding is happening. I think 10:30am.

p1.jpg

Pattaya water park. Great for kids, good for all day...I'm always there

p2.jpg

Ripley's "Believe it or not". Good for 2 hours. Relatives posing with the statue of the tallest man in the world.

p3.jpg

Open Zoo. Good for half a day. An open trackless train takes you around, it's probably 10km long. All these barns in the picture have different animals in them.

p4.jpg

Mini Siam. Among world heritage buildings (Eifell tower, Sydney Opera house...) and Thai temples and places, even Don Muang with model planes can be seen. Good for half a day.

p5.jpg

Go Kart Track - not sure if there is an age requirement, but sure the lad would enjoy this. :o

Pattaya Kart Speedway, on Thepprasit Road

On the Beginners track they have 2 seater carts so you can drive and he can steer, with a second wheel.

When he feels confident, there are very small carts suitable for 7 year olds.

My youngest started his driving career at about the same age.

The beach itself is probably the least interesting place. It's dirty with all the food scraps, plastic bags and bottles, stray dogs... I would not let my child touch that sand.

There are places better than that.

Great post.

My son has printed out the pictures and already made his itinerary.

Thanks a lot.