Family Forum

daleyboy

Just wondering if there was any progress on the family forum yet? I know it was talked about awhile ago, and i have seen a fair few topics about families and children that would fit in nicely into a family forum. :o

I agree with you, trouble is finding a place for it. The front page is starting to strain the dialups.

cv

Just wondering if there was any progress on the family forum yet? I know it was talked about awhile ago, and i have seen a fair few topics about families and children that would fit in nicely into a family forum. :o

I agree with you, trouble is finding a place for it. The front page is starting to strain the dialups.

cv

Maybe we could lose one or two of the other forums, like expat gold card, that could be merged with the business forum, we could lose the weather forum, nothing has been posted there since the end of January. Could lose the announcements and intergrate that by pinning announcements at the top of general topics. Just a few ideas :D

I also am in favor of a family forum.

A good way to collect specific information.

I agree the home page is getting rather big.

There are ways to make it smaller and more efficient for dialup clients.

As an example. look at the source of the pages. There is a complete stylesheet inside every page.

A better, and recommended way is to inlcude it as a seperate .css file. The style will then be cached by the client, resulting in faster downloads.

This only will make almost every page 20-28k smaller.

And many more things can be done to make it smaller.

Edited by Khun Jean

cv

I'm for Family Forum too.

Independent on that, how did the Travel forum sink down and rests with Budhism, Ladies in Thailand, Gay People in Thailand?

That page should be at the bottom, IMO.

cv

Independent on that, how did the Travel forum sink down and rests with Budhism, Ladies in Thailand, Gay People in Thailand?

Travel? Personaly I think it should go back higher.

cv

cv

cv

Slightly off topic, but wouldn't it make more sense to move Health down to Community and Travel up to General?

Edited by AmeriThai

cv

cv

Today, February 26th, "Thailand Weather" forum has weather forecast for Monday, January 30th. Except 1 general comment on 12th of February, no use of the forum for 26 days.

Scrap it, stick Travel instead and create Family Forum where travel is now.

Edited by think_too_mut

cv

cv

Today, February 26th, "Thailand Weather" forum has weather forecast for Monday, January 30th. Except 1 general comment on 12th of February, no use of the forum for 26 days.

Scrap it, stick Travel instead and create Family Forum where travel is now.

Good point.

If we want to know what the weather is like we can always look out the window.

And for us less fortunate souls who dont have the joy of looking out the window and seeing warm sunny Thai weather, we can always look on any weather site. You could always pin the weather at the top of the travel forum. :D

You guys are missing the point of a weather forum.

Ever hear of SEO.

Thailand oriented keywords that do very well on google are number 1 Thailand woman and number 2 Thailand weather.

So if you want people to find this forum it is important to have keywords, especially as words on the front page. Those get a higher ranking.

But you could simply move weather and have it as a sub forum, therefore generating the same keywords, and all the while making room for a family forum, which i am sure more expats are interested in than the weather which is easily found anywhere on the web.

If you put Thailand weather in a google search it doesnt even make it until half way down page 4, now tell me who is going to goto page four of google to see the weather when you can just click the first link you come to? :o

• 2 weeks later...

we are expecting our first child in june and have noticed that there is no parenting forum for all those loving parents mothers and fathers in thailand...

can i ask why???

we have vet forums..joke forums...why no parenting forum....??????

this would be so benefical to the new parent expecially, seeking advice and help maybe from the experienced parent....lists of nurseries etc...how to cure baby related probs..etc etc...

who would support me in a call for a forum related on this topic..?!

up the parents..!!! :o

we are expecting our first child in june and have noticed that there is no parenting forum for all those loving parents mothers and fathers in thailand...

can i ask why???

we have vet forums..joke forums...why no parenting forum....??????

this would be so benefical to the new parent expecially, seeking advice and help maybe from the experienced parent....lists of nurseries etc...how to cure baby related probs..etc etc...

who would support me in a call for a forum related on this topic..?!

up the parents..!!! :o

Second that,Belfastboy,

Great idea,would be of benefit to ex-pats in Thailand and also tourists who visit regular.

Recently became a dad myself and have many a question would like answering before our first visit back later in the year.

martin

So......... just wondering if there were any thougts or comments from the boys in blue? Or one of their many minions, who they have beavering away in the background :o

Boys in Blue Mr Daley LOL. Who volunteers to look after such a forum ? My knowledge of baby raising is scant to say the least ( and George would make the decision PM him )

So......... just wondering if there were any thougts or comments from the boys in blue? Or one of their many minions, who they have beavering away in the background :o

Boys in Blue Mr Daley LOL. Who volunteers to look after such a forum ? My knowledge of baby raising is scant to say the least ( and George would make the decision PM him )

Everytime you see BiB now we could be talking about the boys in brown or blue :D:D

Just wondering if there was any progress on the family forum yet? I know it was talked about awhile ago, and i have seen a fair few topics about families and children that would fit in nicely into a family forum. :D

jeesus H is this place not big and confusing enough already?

what next, a bycicle forum? how about a ****** bashing forum or an eyelashes forum??? :o:D

Edited by the scouser.

Just wondering if there was any progress on the family forum yet? I know it was talked about awhile ago, and i have seen a fair few topics about families and children that would fit in nicely into a family forum. :D

jeesus H is this place not big and confusing enough already?

what next, a bycicle forum? how about a ****** bashing forum or an eyelashes forum??? :D:D

Obviously too confusing for you, i would have thought you would have noticed by now comments like the racist one you have just posted will get you banned

Seriously wes you seem to have a serious problem with attitude, and with comments like this you wont be around for long in the forum :o

Edited by the scouser

• 1 month later...