No More Seven Days Later Reports For 90 Days Tm 47 In Phibun Mangsahan

sirchai

Went to Phibun Immigration yesterday, to apply for extension of marriage visa.

Arrived at 10.00, and left at 11.30. All papers were ok,

Aircon up and running 10 ladies and 2 guys working there were in good mood!

When ground floor has been renovated, they will move back downstairs!

What was needed was copies of:

All pages of pass port

all pages of bank book and bank confirmation letter.

marriage documents

Wife's id card and house/land register

4 Pics of house/wife and me together

Map with house location/

All in all it went much faster than I can remember, maybe because we brought two bags of Mangkut...biggrin.png

Sorry to say this but this is why there are so many problem's you bribed the officials with a gift. It doesn't matter money or fruit they expect the same from the next person.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Went to Phibun Immigration yesterday, to apply for extension of marriage visa.

Arrived at 10.00, and left at 11.30. All papers were ok,

Aircon up and running 10 ladies and 2 guys working there were in good mood!

When ground floor has been renovated, they will move back downstairs!

What was needed was copies of:

All pages of pass port

all pages of bank book and bank confirmation letter.

marriage documents

Wife's id card and house/land register

4 Pics of house/wife and me together

Map with house location/

All in all it went much faster than I can remember, maybe because we brought two bags of Mangkut...biggrin.png

Sorry to say this but this is why there are so many problem's you bribed the officials with a gift. It doesn't matter money or fruit they expect the same from the next person.

Giving fruit to these officials is not bribing. It is being nice, kind and generous. This is what country folk do in most places around the world. They bring some produce from their farms to the city folk. Just a very little thing which is very much appreciated and remembered by these immigration police officials. Makes their day a little bit happier. I have worked with Thai government officials for nearly 30 years and giving out a few cakes for morning tea or the odd lunch now and then goes along way for good relationships.

Agree Michael!

My wife also handed out a small bag of Jerusalem Artichoke, a root not very known to most Thais, and educated the ladies behind the counter on how and when to use, and what it's good for! biggrin.png

• Like 2

Went to kap choeng yesterday to apply for marriage extension and had no problems at all.. my picture of myself was the incorrect size but they never said anything or asked me or the wife any questions.. overall a very easy extension..

• 4 weeks later...

Went back to Ubon Immigration today, to pick up my 1 year marriage visa extension. All went well, although it took some time, about 45 min. Immigration has moved back downstairs, with the Imm. officers behind an eight meter long counter. Aircon and computers up and running and an electronic "pick a number in the queue machine" . Everybody in a good mood except for a farang complaining loudly about his wife had made too many copies of something, where as one Imm. officer whispered to me: he doesn't make a very good example..................... biggrin.png

• Like 1

Will know myself next month on about the 6th how things are there. Will be doing extension, change of passports and 90 report all in one visit. Got my fingers crossed they are in a good mood that day.

Just got back from my 90 day reporting at Phibun. Arrived there at 0820 and walked in. Another farang being served so got the ticket in the machine and sat down to wait. I was called up and 90 day reporting completed. Exited the building at 0830. New fitout looks good with positions for 6 people to be served at any one time. There seemed to be a lot more staff there than before and many new faces than I have seen before.

Get there early, be courteous and no problems encountered.

• Like 2