Advice Needed

macknife

Maybe a gasket?

I was thinking that myself. Unfortunately, the the warranty has run out. Money is a little tight for me right now and I don't really have enough money to fix it. I was thinking that if I send my girlfriend down to BMW with the bike, she might be able to get them to fix it for free?

Maybe a gasket?

I was thinking that myself. Unfortunately, the the warranty has run out. Money is a little tight for me right now and I don't really have enough money to fix it. I was thinking that if I send my girlfriend down to BMW with the bike, she might be able to get them to fix it for free?

Good thinking Batman. thumbsup.gif

if i were you id drink a few less beers or whatever and get it sorted by BMW ASAP

google has plenty of info about BMW's leaking oil

so the dealer will likely have seen the problem before

and can sort it easily

may not cost much anyway but if it is ,have BMW check the

problem first and if the price quoted sounds insane order the parts yourself

and bring it to your local somchai shop to fix for a couple of hundred baht :D

Their three possible causes for oil leaking at rocker cover,1- 4 rubber seals on stud bolts,(hope the other B/f is using one)unlikely, 2- outer gasket and 3- inner gasket, the bolts are only tensioned to 6 ft/lb so easily remover (removing the other B/F may be more difficult) a small about of oil will be still in the cover so place a container under it to catch the oil,then pull cover off remove gaskets and clean all mating parts (not his) apply a thin layer of gasket maker to both sides of seals and replace outer gasket to cyl head and inner to rocker cover, WATCH that the inner seal does not move when re fitting the cover.put your finger in the plug hole to check it. hope this helps. IB

BMW's don't leak

About 1995-ish two vintage aircraft stand on the apron at Vancouver airport.

Boeing B -17 and Heinkel He-111.

Boeing has oil covered drip trays under each engine to protect the asphalt, the Heinkel does not.

See for yourself

http://flic.kr/p/bQfZae

BMW's don't leak smile.png

Bit hard to tell from that pix.

After one or two serious responses, I feel the need to point out that my first post wasn't exactly true.

My girlfriend is causing me no such worries and I don't own a BMW R1150GS. (though I wish I did)

But it does reveal the probable truth that when it comes between a real biker's motorcycle and his girlfriend,we know know where his real priorities lie. biggrin.png

Therefore I concur that in my zero experience BMWs don't leak oil.