Honda Zoomer Vs Yamaha Fino And Other Small Scooters

jaideeguy

I posed this question a few months ago when the Honda Zoomer was just released and only in the show room. Rare to see any on the road. Now, after a few months I'm starting to see a few on the road and would like to ask the same question....

My Thai wife is ready to give up her flimsy fino and i am hoping that someone can give me a comparison review of the Zoomer, which seems a lot more sturdy and roadworthy with the fatter tires.

Anyone tried it yet??

Our local motorcycle taxi driver has one and I borrowed it for a short ride. It's pretty nippy and turns and steers quickly as you'd expect on the small wheels. His has a plastic box that fits under the seat for secure storage. The scooter does feel tiny and I'm no giant at 5' 10". I'd buy her the new MSX125 mini bike instead and commandeer it for myself ;)

• Like 1

Scoopy i 12 also comes with the same fat tires as the Zoomer as well as the same engine set up at a lower cost and styled more like the Fino

Personally I like the Spacy i it too is the same bike with a different body and at 39,900 a real bargain in my eyes

Been after getting the Scoopy i12 for my wife but have been told by the local dealers that they can't sell them any more as there is some issue with the brakes. No-one seems to know if Honda are looking for a solution to the problem or if the model has been completely discontinued. Shame if it has as it is a nice looking bike and I would have thought a lot more stable with the fatter tyres.

Edited by gmac

The zoomer is a better bike than the fino for sure, but if you like the look of the Zoomer than just wait and get the new Honda MSX125 mini bike. It looks great, the main difference though is that the MSX uses a clutch, and I doubt it has any under seat storage. But like BirdsandBooze says, I think you'll be borrowing it a lot. ;)

Yeah, that msx125 looks like a fun toy, but not very practical for the wife to carry groceries and the occasional kid. The thing I like about the Zoomer is that it has that scooter flat space and the under seat storage as well as the fatter tires and better shocks.

Yeah, that msx125 looks like a fun toy, but not very practical for the wife to carry groceries and the occasional kid. The thing I like about the Zoomer is that it has that scooter flat space and the under seat storage as well as the fatter tires and better shocks.

The Zoomer has got tubeless tyres and combined brakes as well which is a safety plus IMO. Also the option of secure underseat storage.

The box underneath the seat on the Zoomer is open on the sides! You can't keep anything there because you can reach right in. I don't get it? It's kind of cool looking but the open box?

There is a container you can buy that fits in the space to keep thing safe!