Aranyaprather & Poi Pet Border Opening Times

Hello,

Does someone know the (real) opening times of the border crossing at Aranyaprathet? My plan is to get there late afternoon or early evening, cross the Thai border, get the Cambodia visa at the office at the border zone, then cross the border of Cambodia and then walk back to Thailand. I've done this quite many times (but always during the morning or day), so I know the procedure and how things work. I am just trying to find out some details of the opening times, for example:

-what time will the Thai border close?

-what time will the Cambodian visa office close?

-what time will they close the Cambodian border?

I am aiming for about 4 PM. I've read/heard that they would close the border at 6 PM (=the Cambodian people must return to Cambodia before that, etc.), so this would leave me plenty of time to cross the border. But if they close the visa office earlier (for example I saw a thread saying that it would be closed at 5 PM), or what if there are long queues just before the closing time, etc.? Any experiences would be most welcome.

Cheers,

Depe

PS. Well, after writing this, and knowing the "horrors" of the border crossing at Aranyaprathet, I might just try to change my schedule for earlier arrival... Unless someone has other recommendations...

EDIT: If someone can fix the mistake (Aranyaprather) in the threat title, that would be nice...

Edited by depe

Thanks Mr. Crazy Bottle!

This was exactly what I was looking for. There seems to be different information at different sites/threads. Some sites claim that the border is closed at 5 PM, and some speak about 8 PM, etc.

4 PM (or even later) should be fine then.

PS. I've been few times at the border around mid date, and that's probably the worst time to go there, since the organized trips from Bangkok with full buses arrive around that time. => Horrible queues at least in weekends. Last time I decided to leave the queue and came back few hours later => very short queues.