Honda Brio

kennedy

The look of the thing leaves me cold. Can't the manufacturers make sexy small cars?

The local rags go on about its economy and engine, but really I don't see too many on the road. It seems like the brio was an afterthought. It could have been much better overall if they spent more time on it's design. I would have considered it, it the design was improved. But I will pay 50K more for a swift...and wait 10 months for it too. Hope I don't have to wait as long to get it serviced. Most of suzukis show rooms look pretty barren at the momentw00t.gif

It's a shame, because when the Brio was showcased at it's first motorshow, still as a teasing, pre-release concept, it looked really nice, and certainly attracted a lot of attention.

It seems something was seriously lost in translation from concept to production line, as is the case with so many cars - which never ceases to confuse me - if the manufacturers actually released something that looked similar to these concept beauties, with the lovely aesthetic lines and technologies - surely they'd sell really well ?

It's 2013, and the roads in general are unnecessarily full of similar, ugly rectangular metal boxes, coughing out crap.

my missus loves her's.............

easy winner between mirage and micra..........

Why?

oh and it's called Nissan March.

easy winner ?? well what about the 4cyl i v-tec engine for starters - easily the best engine i it's class......

Honda proven reliability

Honda proven resale value.....

Honda brand.....

my missus looked at the mirage / micra (march) and and said "honda brio better"..................and i tend to agree........

looks are subjective, personally i think it's cute....

Edited by properperson

my missus loves her's.............

easy winner between mirage and micra..........

Why?

oh and it's called Nissan March.

easy winner ?? well what about the 4cyl i v-tec engine for starters - easily the best engine i it's class......

Honda proven reliability

Honda proven resale value.....

Honda brand.....

my missus looked at the mirage / micra (march) and and said "honda brio better"..................and i tend to agree........

looks are subjective, personally i think it's cute....

Or on a different perspective. The horrible 3 tone dash. The poor quality plastic. The TINY boot. The tan interior.

For resale we shall have to see. Personally I don't think it will be much different than the rest. I certainly see more March's and Mirages than Brio's on the road.

But I agree it does look 'cute' :P

sent from my Q6

It's a shame, because when the Brio was showcased at it's first motorshow, still as a teasing, pre-release concept, it looked really nice, and certainly attracted a lot of attention.

It seems something was seriously lost in translation from concept to production line, as is the case with so many cars - which never ceases to confuse me - if the manufacturers actually released something that looked similar to these concept beauties, with the lovely aesthetic lines and technologies - surely they'd sell really well ?

It's 2013, and the roads in general are unnecessarily full of similar, ugly rectangular metal boxes, coughing out crap.

Wait till the end of the year...most of the ordered cars haven't been delivered yet...all 1.3 million of themw00t.gif

yes it's true, gotta give credit where credit is due, Honda does make some very impressive engines...

yes, the V tec engine is one of the greats.....

The main problem with vtec engines seems to be the lack of low end torque. My 2.0 pulls hard from 5000 rpm to redline, but really is found wanting pottering around town. It needs a fair bit of throttle to get it moving. Would love to see diesels becoming ore common here. Small ones get much better economy, coupled with torque, would make it great in an eco-car. At 6 baht a litre less than E10 I'm surprises companies don't more available, though I understand diesels cost more to manufacture.