Police Conduct Late Night Checks Around Pattaya As Crackdown Continues

Rimmer

Police conduct Late Night checks around Pattaya as crackdown continues

check-2.jpg

PATTAYA:--As the 30 day crime crackdown in Pattaya continues, a group of Chonburi Provincial Special Operations Officers were given the job of making spot checks on individuals around the South Pattaya entertainment area early on Thursday Morning.

The officers who numbered more than 50, visited a number of areas which have suffered from high instances of crime in the past, including the Bali Hai Port at the south-end of Pattaya Beach and conducted spot-checks on individuals, mostly Thai males.

Full story:http://www.pattayaon...down-continues/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2013-01-10

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

The police have been very busy in the Jomtien area, and way out in the sticks on the Dark Side. There stopping Thai's on bikes, so I have passed by in my truck or bike, without any problems. I noticed a lot of bikes stopping when they see the police, before they get to the checkpoint, dont know if the police grab them or they get away. Sometimes after the checkpoint, there are a few police hiding in the shadows, probably to catch the bikes that do a run.

But as one article mentioned, the Big bad guys have left town, waiting for the 30 day crackdown to end! Hope they continue it for another 30 days, or why not make it permanent.

I was watching one of the checkpoints in Soi Chaiyaphuk, Jomtien.

A policeman attempted to stop a car which refused to stop and just drove forward slowly and pushed the policeman out of the way. The policeman waved his torch franticly at another policeman a few yards further on. This other officer also tried to stop the car but could not. Both officers looked at each other and then at the car speeding away. They shrugged their shoulders and ignored the incident.

I also observed cars and bikes doing u-turns just before the checkpoint. They also were ignored.

Once again, it makes good photographs for the media, but that's about all.

Chris

No crackdown on second road last night around 8 pm when a bloodied & bashed Farang was left on the sidewalk just near Maccas staggering around looking lost covered in Blood & Bruises

I was accomanying two ladies & a young 12 year old girl visiting from Australia and couldnt stop.

But NO Police any where but they were at their freebie breakfast this morning at different places on second road

I know better than anyone you can't be everywhere BUT major area , early in the evening , large crowds , near a popular 7-11 & supposedly 500 extra personnel ?????????????