Length Of Non-Immigrant Visa Category “B”

There is an old thread here about a two year work permit; I assume this is still valid. http://www.thaivisa....ar-work-permit/

I am aware that WPs are a separate issue from visas. I would like confirmation from members whether the length of a Non-Immigrant Visa Category “B”, issued on the basis of employment, is maximum one year. Which in my understanding would make the two year work permit from the perspective of an employer, only a desirable option for someone with PR. Does this make sense?

Many thanks!

Edited by Morakot

So basically the key question is:

Is the maximum length of a Non-Immigrant Visa Category “B”, issued on the basis of employment, one year; or could one have a Non-Immigrant Visa Category “B” for two years or three years?

Edited by Morakot

The 3 year visa is for frequent business travelers and a work permit cannot be gotten with them. They are only good for 90 day entries meaning a trip out and back every 90 days.

Normal extensions of stay based upon working are only for one year.

There are 2 year extensions given at the one stop center for those with BOI privledges.

A 2 year work permit just saves the time of going for a new one after one year and are issued to holders of 1 year extensions.

Edited by ubonjoe
  • Like 1