Recycling In Cm

wigantojapan

We do it at wife's insistence. Plenty of recycling yards all around Chiang Mai so load your car up with seperated Cardboard, Paper, Steel cans, Aluminium cans, Beer bottles(preferably in boxes), Other glass, Cooking oil (they buy by weight not liquid volume), Plastic(clear), Plastic(coloured).

As you can tell I am detailed to do all the separating while she collects the money ! She collects about 300-400 Baht every 3 months.

There is a website with the daily price fluctuations for all materials but I can't seem to find it right now. Someone will know I'm sure.

Have fun.

• Like 1

If you don't care to deal with delivering the recycled materials yourself, you could place such items in a separate bag, and set it along side your garbage container.

There are a number of folks scavenging for recyclable goods in every neighborhood. Someone--if not the garbage men themselves--will come along and collect your recyclables.

My wife used to do as trainman's wife likes.

Finally convinced her that selling to the old guy who comes around the neighbourhood on a bicycle for 30% less was a better idea. No piles of junk around the house and its not exactly a huge difference in money.

• Like 1

I give the mother in law enough money to live on. But she is so into recycling that I had to buy her a little cart she can take with her in her travels. I don't think there is a great deal of money in it but she feels it is important and I agree with her.

I think for the empty pop and water bottles you only get 5 baht a Kilo. But a Thai can do a lot with just a little bit of money.

We do it at wife's insistence. Plenty of recycling yards all around Chiang Mai so load your car up with seperated Cardboard, Paper, Steel cans, Aluminium cans, Beer bottles(preferably in boxes), Other glass, Cooking oil (they buy by weight not liquid volume), Plastic(clear), Plastic(coloured).

As you can tell I am detailed to do all the separating while she collects the money ! She collects about 300-400 Baht every 3 months.

There is a website with the daily price fluctuations for all materials but I can't seem to find it right now. Someone will know I'm sure.

Have fun.

Good to see your wife has you trained TRAINMAN
  • Like 1

when i,m in CM we dont have a bin man coming around,

The cleaners in the Gh house do all the recycling

.no i take mine up north now i have a truck and give it to the garbage collector their in the village,giving him a wage

probably ends back in cm

good to hear that people are doing it

I give the mother in law enough money to live on. But she is so into recycling that I had to buy her a little cart she can take with her in her travels. I don't think there is a great deal of money in it but she feels it is important and I agree with her.

I think for the empty pop and water bottles you only get 5 baht a Kilo. But a Thai can do a lot with just a little bit of money.

Helly dolly its no a point o money good shes training you up also and pass that new knowledge on to her son and grankids
  • Like 1

Okay, I understand that for (easy) usuable materials there is a market in CM.

But in my home country also materials which can be dangerous for the environment (e.g. batteries, motoroil, liquid painting) must be recycled.

Anybody has an idea where you can deliver such waste? And of course it would be nice if we can be sure that finally it is not thrown into the general waste filling up the next waste disposal site.

We take all our stuff to a re-cycle shop opposite Big C, Carrefour as was, on the Hang Dong to Hod road.

He takes just about anything other than tyres.

By stuff I mean:

Empty beer bottles in the case

Cardboard

Tins

Glass bottles

Plastic bottles

Metal including beer bottle tops

I have seen batteries and oil containers, old fans, desks etc. there as well.

Okay, I understand that for (easy) usuable materials there is a market in CM.

But in my home country also materials which can be dangerous for the environment (e.g. batteries, motoroil, liquid painting) must be recycled.

Anybody has an idea where you can deliver such waste? And of course it would be nice if we can be sure that finally it is not thrown into the general waste filling up the next waste disposal site.

You can sell all the items you mention and a whole lot more. Either that or give it away as described by others.