a real smoke in over a year. If anyone can help a fellow

Canuck or if you are travelling here and have Canadian

smokes at your duty free back home i'll pay handsomely

for it...yes even one pack! lol

I know what some of your responses are going to be

"try Quitting"

I want to but I want to smoke the cigarettes that got

me addicted in the first place, before I quit and I can't get my hands on

a pack of Du Maurier. Only a smoker can understand.

Thanks

post-170718-0-21743600-1357895782_thumb.

Edited by beachguy

pretty much

i smoked mild seven light.

What? No Krongtip?

I sort of sympathize. Most people will not understand that Canadian tobacco is made differently, from the ingredients to the curing process. Canadian tobacco does not have the chemical additives that others have. The end result is a less harsh product.

Canadian cigarettes are very different from those sold in the United States and in many other countries. The U.S. cigarette is made of a combination of different types of tobaccos (burley, oriental and Virginia), which are blended with flavourings and casings. Virtually all Canadian cigarettes are manufactured from the same variety of Virginia tobacco, grown in the same five Ontario counties. The use of additives appears to be restricted to papers and filters (and not the tobacco).

source: Physicians for a smoke free Canada

pretty much

i smoked mild seven light.

What? No Krongtip?

I sort of sympathize. Most people will not understand that Canadian tobacco is made differently, from the ingredients to the curing process. Canadian tobacco does not have the chemical additives that others have. The end result is a less harsh product.

Canadian cigarettes are very different from those sold in the United States and in many other countries. The U.S. cigarette is made of a combination of different types of tobaccos (burley, oriental and Virginia), which are blended with flavourings and casings. Virtually all Canadian cigarettes are manufactured from the same variety of Virginia tobacco, grown in the same five Ontario counties. The use of additives appears to be restricted to papers and filters (and not the tobacco).

source: Physicians for a smoke free Canada

Only one response - stop!

I've never smoked, so I don't know your addiction, but at over $10 a package in Canada I think you are either wealthy or silly. People can and do quit smoking. Maybe now is a good time to start. Just think of the money you will save to spend on the ladies.

I know your pain. Belmont Milds can only be found in Canada as well. I very recently asked a friend to send me a carton via CanadaPost, so he did. All was well at the post office until 2 days later when he was asked to go back and retrieve the "Prohibited Substances". Dang post office is too clever.