Post Office Delivery - “Payment Of Charges"

KelCastro

I am awaiting a package from the US, and when I track the info it says first, "Customs clearance processing complete” and the most recent status says, "Payment of charges - Item being held, addressee being notified”. I’ve tried looking online but I don’t see any specific information related to Thailand.

Has anyone experienced this? If so, do you wait, call somewhere, go to the post office?

Any info is appreciated. Thanks!

you will receive a letter from the post office in the next few days telling you how much you have to pay then go to the main post office on sukhumvit left hand side of building there is a window you parcel will be there make sure you take your passport with you for i.d then pay the amount and sign for package i get this quite often with things i order it is quite normal,thai tax on the item is what they need paying.

If you have the tracking number you can track it to whichever post office is holding then go and collect, with suitable ID

Yes, I’ve done this under normal circumstances, but this is the first time I’ve seen this "Payment of charges - Item being held, addressee being notified” status.

you will receive a letter from the post office in the next few days telling you how much you have to pay

Do you have any idea how much they normally charge? And do they take cards or only cash?

this is for 20150 the other post office is in naklua the one i use is opposite the floating market

Thanks for the info Stevef. I headed that way today, (the one by the floating market) since that’s where I’m always directed to from other post offices. Funny thing is that this time, they directed me back up to Naklua -- to the Banglamung office.

I paid my “taxes”, well over 1000baht & headed home with my package. Someone on that list is expecting a 7000 baht tax fee!

Glad that wasn’t me! ohmy.png

my last one was 3500 baht but that is still better than thai price for same object so not complaining just have to remember when you order things to calculate the 20% on top but sometimes i get packages through with no tax if its a lot of small items dont know why?

my last one was 3500 baht but that is still better than thai price for same object so not complaining just have to remember when you order things to calculate the 20% on top but sometimes i get packages through with no tax if its a lot of small items dont know why?

Yeah same here. All our boxes prior to this got through just fine.