Samui Ferries

Kindly excuse my ignorance, but I need some info', next month, I will be driving down from Bangkok, and try as I might, I cannot find any clear information on car ferries from the mainland to Samui.

Can anyone lead me to a decent web site, or failing that, give me full information on ferry timings ( to take a 12 seater), costs and sailing duration etc.

I would not be a happy bunny if, after a 11 hour drive I cannot get a ferry and have to find accommodation for 12 people on the mainland .

Here are the Raja Ferry and Seatran, web sites: Ferries just about every hour, during the day, so you would not have to wait to long if one full.

Both terminals are close to each other in Donsak... Follow road signs.

Raja Ferries

http://www.welcome-k...YTIMETABLE.html

Here is Seatran

http://www.seatranfe...om/schedule.php

Raja ferry arrives a few kilometers south of Nathon... not a big deal!

Crossing takes about 1.5 hours... Pretty certain both ferries, take full size buses, so there should not be a problem with a 12 seater... wink.png

Edited by samuijimmy

Shouldn't take 11 hours as it's less than 800 kilometers from BKK to the ferry terminal. I used to dirve from Nakhon Sawan, 200 kilometers north of BKK, and it never took over 10 hours.

Edited by wayned

I just took the ferry to come koh Samui, driven from Krabi today.

Didnt ask for timetable but I think it has ferry in every hours.

The Seatran Ferry Pier and Raja Ferry Pier located so close together (from Donsak)

So its up to the place you will go within Samui, which is nearer, shorter distance..I mean

I took Raja Ferry, cost is 470baht for car+driver and more 150baht per passenger.

I just took the ferry to come koh Samui, driven from Krabi today.

Didnt ask for timetable but I think it has ferry in every hours.

The Seatran Ferry Pier and Raja Ferry Pier located so close together (from Donsak)

So its up to the place you will go within Samui, which is nearer, shorter distance..I mean

I took Raja Ferry, cost is 470baht for car+driver and more 150baht per passenger.

Did you have to wait or just drive in are they full of cars?

No, waited not long at all,

We arrived at pier by 11h59

They said we must have 13h00 ferry, but it had not many cars yesterday, so we could take the one an hour earlier.

Not sure if Seatran Ferry takes off in every two hours, when you been there, better check for both ferries to see if any take off first

And take it, so no waste of time.

No, waited not long at all,

We arrived at pier by 11h59

They said we must have 13h00 ferry, but it had not many cars yesterday, so we could take the one an hour earlier.

Not sure if Seatran Ferry takes off in every two hours, when you been there, better check for both ferries to see if any take off first

And take it, so no waste of time.

Seatran ferry every hour. You can book through the yellow bank.

Raja every hour, if you book a return ticket, you use the VIP queue both ways.