My Dog Is Going Over The Rainbow Bridge This Evening...

Thai Gert,

We lost Deefa our older dog and got a puppy soon after to keep us and the other dog company, it helps a little, my other dog Mee is ready to go into season for the third time soon and she is nearly 2 if you are interested you can have one of the litter, she has no papers unlike Deefa 2 but she is a really nice happy dog, we are going to put her with another Rottie down the road from us, if you would like one of the pups its yours

post-32659-0-11149000-1358317927_thumb.j Mee with Deefa

post-32659-0-10113700-1358317979_thumb.j Deefa 2 with Mee

post-32659-0-16155600-1358318857_thumb.j Mee

I am really sorry for your loss

Oh, that is very sad news. I wish you and your wife lots of strength this evening and during the coming time.

RIP dear Max. And please say hello to my old pack.

Thanks Nienke!!!

Wife just went to pick up the vet, we want to do this at home.

Gerd

that's where it should be done Gerd. i don't envy you and your wife!

Thai Gert,

We lost Deefa our older dog and got a puppy soon after to keep us and the other dog company, it helps a little, my other dog Mee is ready to go into season for the third time soon and she is nearly 2 if you are interested you can have one of the litter, she has no papers unlike Deefa 2 but she is a really nice happy dog, we are going to put her with another Rottie down the road from us, if you would like one of the pups its yours

post-32659-0-11149000-1358317927_thumb.j Mee with Deefa

post-32659-0-10113700-1358317979_thumb.j Deefa 2 with Mee

post-32659-0-16155600-1358318857_thumb.j Mee

I am really sorry for your loss

oooooooooh, nice dogs!!

Always sad to lose an old friend sad.png

At least you managed to find a vet who would put the old chap out of his misery, so many times here we have posters whose pets would be better off asleep but cannot find a vet to do the deed sad.png

Why is that so? Why will vets not put dogs in pain down in Thailand?

They look like very well cared for dogs by the way. wink.png

Edited by PTG

At least you managed to find a vet who would put the old chap out of his misery, so many times here we have posters whose pets would be better off asleep but cannot find a vet to do the deed sad.png

It's a Buddhist country and goes against their beliefs.

• 2 weeks later...

So sorry for your lost. I lost one of my cat 15 months ago and I know how hard it is to lose a beloved pet. He is still in my thought and my heart every day. Think about the good time you had together. You have been lucky to have each other.

Renoir

It's a Buddhist country and goes against their beliefs.

They eat meat that belonged to animals that had to be killed, don't they? And Buddhist in China buy dog meat at the delikatessen. The drug is severely regulated, can be used for euthanasia and suicides.

Very sad to hear of your loss. You did the right thing and MAX is in a better place. I have had friends that waited too long to put their dog down when they were terminal and it is sad to see them suffer. I know I will be very sad when it is time for our family dog to cross the rainbow bridge, but it is much better than having them suffer each day with a terminal illness.

Gerd, really sorry to hear about Max.

I lost my dog over Xmas. I was at the Veterinary Hospital every day for 5 days. I would have slept there if they let me, but they wouldn't. My dog eventually lost the fight to kidney disease after a heroic fight. I took him home and buried him where i would past him every day.

I still talk to the mound of dirt as if he could hear me.

It's been a while, so I hope it's getting easier.