Maple Furniture And/or Maple Syrup

yellow1red1

Maple syrup is imported from what I have seen in the grocery stores - and very expensive for the real thing (not that corn syrup aunt Jemima stuff). 500 Baht for a small bottle.

Niche market if you could do it locally I am sure but will Maple Trees grow here?

I've been to plenty of hotels where they offer maple syrup for the pancakes at breakfast. Nothing like a good buffet for breakfast.

Interesting idea with the maple wood, a lot of very good wood is already available here.

I am assuming you intend to import as opposed to growing, since introducing new species of trees into the country is not probable. is it?

I planted maple seeds ...zip, nadda.

Not sure there is a market for Maple wood...boring colour and grain anyways..................and lots better stuff native.

Syrup ? well it is nice and I bring it back with me sometimes..................but don't think you would set up your carriage with the profits..lol

• 3 weeks later...

When you go to your favorite hotel breakfast buffet here in Thailand and see the 'pancake syrup' next to the pancakes and french toast this is what you are getting:

100% Nature Pancake Syrup Ingredients:Fructose Rice Syrup,Sugar,Salt,Natural Caramel Color,Natural Maple Flavor. 100% Nature Pancake SyrupThese are made from the highest quality ingredients, free from preservatives and additives of any type.1

Place of Origin: Anhui China (Mainland)

I actually bring with me from Canada the real maple syrup and. Still have a full letre of it in my fridge love it can't compare it to cheap table syrup and another thing the time it takes to grow tresss big enough for furniture or syrupe your kids wll get the rewards , maple treas need cold weather from what understand for the syrup if it gets to warm to fast it stops running you can correct me on this .

• 4 weeks later...

Maple syrup is imported from what I have seen in the grocery stores - and very expensive for the real thing (not that corn syrup aunt Jemima stuff). 500 Baht for a small bottle.

Niche market if you could do it locally I am sure but will Maple Trees grow here?

wasn't suggesting plantations over there, probably wouldn't grow.

maple is a not too distant relative of rubber trees. > Of all the

[gift] foods I brought over, 2 suitcases. maple syrup was the only one

that the inlaws liked. couldn't believe they didn't like canned salmon,

pine nuts, sun dried apricots, dried cranberries. oh, they liked the

dried blue berries. and nephews and neices were ok with my girl's contribution, a bag of her halloween hall.

[in

BKK we paid MORE for a Cold Stone [gotta have it] than it costs here in

Canada. in the same mall there were name Brand sandals for B4500! makes me think there is an upscale market.

---------------------------- lumber > my Thai brother in law has a sawmill, lumber manufacturing plant with 4 kilns, he wants a price on maple, but, so far, I've found you can't ship it 'green'. has to be kilned, here, or it will stain. one friend suggested sending the maple boards over to make hockey sticks, pool cues, skate boards, guitar boards... then sell them back here?

I planted maple seeds ...zip, nadda.

Not sure there is a market for Maple wood...boring colour and grain anyways..................and lots better stuff native.

Syrup ? well it is nice and I bring it back with me sometimes..................but don't think you would set up your carriage with the profits..lol

well,,, some people like maple furniture, probably in the Top 10, mebbe, even top 5, it's a matter of taste, eh? Have you seen Rubber Wood furniture. It's so hard it's like marble. can see how people would luv it, but I would prefer Maple, Oak, Mahogany. Teak is the BEST for outdoors. imho, but indoors, nahhh..