Rats! Pesky Rodents Help Expose Bangkok Drug Dealer's Stash To Police

webfact

Rats help police expose drug dealer

By Coconuts Bangkok

6658564.bin_-578x371.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Yesterday, police arrested a 33-year-old man for illegally possessing over 1,000 methamphetamine pills and dealing drugs to students in the Thung Khru district. Curiously enough, rats played a major role in bringing about the arrest.

Police had planned to catch Prayoonsak Kaewphongphan, a known drug dealer, for a long time. They received a tip-off that he had set up a dealership at a house on Pracha Uthit 33 Road. On Jan. 14, police posed as potential clients and placed an order with Prayoonsak by phone.

At Prayoonsak’s residence, the officers charged him after he handed over the pack of 10 meth pills that they had requested. Police searched the house but did not succeed in discovering the larger cache [more...]

Full story: http://www.coconutsb...se-drug-dealer/

-- COCONUTS Bangkok 2013-01-15

footer_n.gif

They set up a very large sting operation of 10 meth pills. Wow, these Thais, they are right on top of everything - massive sting operations and all.

.. and found more than 1000 pills when they while doing the operation. That's probably counts quite a few saved lives and families.

"Just when police were about to leave and take Prayoonsak to the station, an old ceiling board broke and fell down to the floor right before their feet. Along with the ceiling board came a box of 1,190 meth pills and some crystal meth tablets. The ill-planned concealment was reportedly exposed by a tremor triggered during a footrace between two rats."

Straight out of a Monty Python movie. A footrace between two rats brought down a ceiling !! No end to the dramas Thai's (army of) Inspector Clouseau's get up to. On rare occasions with happy endings like this one.

Edited by SparklingCascades

Have thought about all these drug busts we see on TV and such they always seem to involve the small people, dealers and those who are delivering the stuff.

We never seem to hear about any of the big bosses being caught, the ones who run the drug rackets.

Where does all this stuff come from, is there never any effort made to trace things back?

A recent bust of a couple delivering a ute load was shown on tele and the cops said they stopped the ute somewhere on the highway, I wondered how they knew which ute to stop as there are thousands of these things go past every day. The couple said that they had made 5 runs before, this being number 6.

I thought at the time that possibly there could be some arrangement where the cops are tipped off with the loss of a certain amount of product factored into the operation. Those arrested would not matter and it would look like the war on drugs was being won.

And then again we are asked to believe that all the, mostly yellow, packets we see displayed are in fact drugs, is it possible that there is a brick or something in there? If that is true then that would limit the loss of product and profit.

• Like 1

They set up a very large sting operation of 10 meth pills. Wow, these Thais, they are right on top of everything - massive sting operations and all.

.. and found more than 1000 pills when they while doing the operation. That's probably counts quite a few saved lives and families.

True, it's great to get the 1000 pills off the street. Do you think the Thai police are capable of "planting" the 1000 to justify the so called "sting operation?"

Have thought about all these drug busts we see on TV and such they always seem to involve the small people, dealers and those who are delivering the stuff.

We never seem to hear about any of the big bosses being caught, the ones who run the drug rackets.

Where does all this stuff come from, is there never any effort made to trace things back?

A recent bust of a couple delivering a ute load was shown on tele and the cops said they stopped the ute somewhere on the highway, I wondered how they knew which ute to stop as there are thousands of these things go past every day. The couple said that they had made 5 runs before, this being number 6.

I thought at the time that possibly there could be some arrangement where the cops are tipped off with the loss of a certain amount of product factored into the operation. Those arrested would not matter and it would look like the war on drugs was being won.

And then again we are asked to believe that all the, mostly yellow, packets we see displayed are in fact drugs, is it possible that there is a brick or something in there? If that is true then that would limit the loss of product and profit.

You are absolutely correct. This whole Thai thing about busting the little, petty thieves is probably pr at its best, and actual cover up/collusion/bribery at its worst. As you point out, years of news stories busting petty street level people and masquerading them in front of media as major busts, is preposterous. We all know it's a sham and the outside world knows it's a shame including world organizations and embassies. In fact, the whole idea of Mr. Bigs never getting busted and held to flip until more Mr. Very Bigs are rounded up can be laid at the doorstep of "media suppression" and smoke over. Everyone knows that about Thailand.

Straight out of a Monty Python movie. A footrace between two rats brought down a ceiling !! No end to the dramas Thai's (army of) Inspector Clouseau's get up to. On rare occasions with happy endings like this one.

Once you have watched Mousehunt (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119715/) you will acknowledge the real power of four legs and a long tail.

You are absolutely correct. This whole Thai thing about busting the little, petty thieves is probably pr at its best, and actual cover up/collusion/bribery at its worst. As you point out, years of news stories busting petty street level people and masquerading them in front of media as major busts, is preposterous. We all know it's a sham and the outside world knows it's a shame including world organizations and embassies. In fact, the whole idea of Mr. Bigs never getting busted and held to flip until more Mr. Very Bigs are rounded up can be laid at the doorstep of "media suppression" and smoke over. Everyone knows that about Thailand.

Well I certanley agreed with every thibng you guys posted.

But when I got to this little bit I was confused,

"In fact, the whole idea of Mr. Bigs never getting busted and held to flip until more Mr. Very Bigs are rounded up can be laid at the doorstep of "media suppression" and smoke over. Everyone knows that about Thailand"

Are you saying that the police have Mr. big's but the media is covering it up?

Imagine they would have asked and purchased 10 Kg. The outcome would be some journalist's had the gutts to call the country a "hub" of meth. Neither Chalerm nor the TAT would like that.

Well, if they were to take out the big guys then there won't be any tea money in it anymore. Never bite the hand that feeds you springs to mind, don't you think?

Well I certanley agreed with every thibng you guys posted.

But when I got to this little bit I was confused,

"In fact, the whole idea of Mr. Bigs never getting busted and held to flip until more Mr. Very Bigs are rounded up can be laid at the doorstep of "media suppression" and smoke over. Everyone knows that about Thailand"

Are you saying that the police have Mr. big's but the media is covering it up?

They know who they all are.

For gods sake, one got to be PM until the USA piped up and said, that was pushing it a little too far.....