Flowers!

samuijimmy

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh this idea took off!!! thumbsup.gif

Interesting to to see a Canonball tree flower, Fabianfred, I saw that in Borneo last year with its Canon balls ! Not something I have seen here in the south of Thailand!

Po Wang Sang... Nathon, Samui, blooms around October.

DSC06439-1.JPG

Zinneas

IMG_9075.JPG

Does this count? I was told this type is one of the most expensive trees in Thailand.

Opps some how posted that response with my post Tywais... w00t.gif

post-566-0-09269000-1358427590_thumb.jpg

Hard to say what it is..... looks like a red flowered Frangapanii (sp) / Plumeria.... if it is I can't see why it would be expensive, easy to root from cuttings stuck in the ground... (if it is!)

Do you have a close up pic of flower? wink.png

Hard to say what it is..... looks like a red flowered Frangapanii (sp) / Plumeria.... if it is I can't see why it would be expensive, easy to root from cuttings stuck in the ground... (if it is!)

I remember showing it to someone and apparently around that time a Thai star had 3 or 4 stolen at around a million Baht +.

I know the neighbors would sometimes steal cut a limb off hanging on the other side of the fence line and plant. We also took a cutting and planted it and seemed to grow fairly easily. Here is a 100% crop of the flower from the original of my previous post. They also change color to white/yellow/red/orange.

post-566-0-76765100-1358431771_thumb.jpg

treeflower.jpg

Tywais said:

I remember showing it to someone and apparently around that time a Thai star had 3 or 4 stolen at around a million Baht +.

I know the neighbors would sometimes steal cut a limb off hanging on the other side of the fence line and plant. We also took a cutting and planted it and seemed to grow fairly easily. Here is a 100% crop of the flower from the original of my previous post. They also change color to white/yellow/red/orange.

post-566-0-76765100-1358431771_thumb.jpg

Changing colour from the same plant? that I have never seen! (yet) wink.png .... very interesting!!!

But a million baht I find hard to believe... wow!!!! It certainly is a Plumeria though.... some times I find Thai's get confused with thousands and millions (the zeros) ....

I would say maybe 1000 baht !!! whistling.gifsmile.png

Grass hoppers don't do that here on Samui!.... KW...tongue.pngbiggrin.png

Damrong, what is your problem with me Grasshopper photo as I was taken in Koh Samui Butterfly Garden many a year a go 2003.

Win coffee1.gif

Archived