Snake "problem"

hey there, not sure this is the right place to ask.

since i moved close to the Airport, we do have a serious Snake Problem.

basically twice a week one of the long friends stopping by the house somewhere.

Mostly smaller ones +/- 50cm Long .... today i walked out and stepped almost on one 1 Meter long.

are there some grandma Reciepts on how to have them stay away ? some smell or some other way ?

i have no clue what animals they are (i mean what type) if they dangerous or not. i'd rather not take any chances.

there is a wall arround the house arround 1 meter high. in front its only about 30 cm .. and the gate is open on the bottom (very thai style even)

does closing this gaps really help or do they just go anywhere they like to ?

hope to get some sort of intel.

there seems some big variety of types around as well ... the one i saw today had a brown skin but some shiny red patches (just saw it by the tail)

others are mostly very dark ones with some structure (green) on the back ... well hard to tell i guess

did a lot of googling about this years back......suggest you do the same but I never found anything worthwhile......Australian web sites mostly.....what may deter some snakes may not work for all....

lots of old wives solutions ..guess it's worth a try.

Most snakes do a runner in your presence....... but if surprised or stepped on.......

FIL was bitten and died at our farm while house sitting.

Had a couple of dogs killed too.

Had an approx 2 metre green tree snake drop on my head in our old shed ......slid down my back and disappeared.

It IS a jungle out there..take care!!!

Seems the only real option is vigilance ......

Edited by David006