Moving Ltd From Pattaya To Bangkok

vediovis

Hi everyone

I considering moving my company office from Nongprue to Bangkok because I have difficulties to find IT Staff around Pattaya.

So I will need to update the company address. And there's the work permit. Some tells me I have to stop my previous WP and make a new one. Some tells me I can just update the address.

I'm actually a little bit lost with all these administrative details.

If someone could enlight me here, or advise me a good contact around Bangkok Ratchada, I will be very happy.

Thanks and all the best to everyone for 2013 :)

Stef

Hi Stef

There are two main paths you can take:

1. You can add a branch office and have Pattaya as the HQ and Bangkok as the branch, when it comes to applying for your extension, you can extend from the Branch office (Bangkok), but you would then have to show 8 Thai employees (4 in Pattaya and 4 in Bangkok).

2. The other option is to relocate the HQ to Bangkok from Pattaya

With this path you have two options:

A.. Return your current work permit and apply for a new one from Bangkok (government fees will be at max i.e. 3,100 Baht plus you will need to provide an entirely new set of documents just like applying for a new one).

OR

B. Keep the current work permit booklet, file for a relocation of the company's HQ (govt fees approx 1100 Baht) but if you let the Pattaya Labor Department handle the transfer then it can take up to two months to complete OR hand carry the file to Bangkok (100 Baht to the Labor office in Pattaya and 1000 baht in Bangkok to submitt he relocated file)

This way you keep your current work permit booklet

Sunbelt Asia can assist you in this process if you need,please feel free to send me a personal message

[sunbelt][/sunbelt]