Cat Internet

I have just taken out a contract with CAT using fibre optic cable. At first the speed was incredibly fast however it has all turned into

a nightmare. i have previously used TOT and because it was so unreliable I switched to CAT.

However their server has now been down for the last 2 days and no one seems to know how long it will all take to fix or what the problem is.

Anyone else with similar problems or know what's the cause?

Seems I have jumped out of the TOT pan and into the CAT fire! Thank goodness for the pocket Android!

My CAT FTH connection has also been down for the last 3 days so you are not alone.

It has, apart from this, been very stable and giving both good speed and short ping times to Europe which was my main reason for going CAT fibre a year and a half ago.

Edited by lom

My CAT FTH connection has also been down for the last 3 days so you are not alone.

It has, apart from this, been very stable and giving both good speed and short ping times to Europe which was my main reason for going CAT fibre a year and a half ago.

Its a problem on the main land, not only Samui, should be fixed by now I guess.

I visited CAT in Nathon today and was told that the old cdma contract would end this month and that the new contract would be 1b/m. They didn't offer any alternatives other then to go to TRUE or TOT, but I heard from others that TRUE slows down after 3gb and that TOT was unreliable. I live on the mountain in Chaweng (wireless only) and download at least five movies per week plus spend six hours per day on the internet. A friend recommended AIS. Any other recommendations?

How far up do you live since your only option is wireless?

CAT may be interested in doing optical fibre even if the distance is long if you can get 4-5 neighbours to join in which case CAT will set up a concentrator nearby.

I am about 60m above sea level but I don't know of any neighbors who would be interested. I asked the CAT rep for alternatives to cdma and he said to either go to True or TOT as CAT wasn't interested in the isp business. I just visited AIS in Tesco Lotus and they have a 3g-5g service for 899b/m. I am reading the past topics now on CAT/AIS/True, but haven't come away with a clear winner. They all seem to slow down after 3gb and I use about that much per week to download movies.

Edited by parallaxtech

I have been happy with my 3 BB land line... I am off the main road by about 2 kms and was surprised they did not charge extra to connect...

It might be worth asking them... (Just out side Tesco Chawang)

I just paid the one year price which includes the Wifi router or LAN connection...

I have not had the problem with 3BB that some have experienced lately ! Speed seems to be stable.

Edited by samuijimmy
  • Like 1