Farm Photos

shaggy1969

@ RBH...... another great post Sir thumbsup.gif

Your " ponds " make the one I had made look like a paddling pool,they must be at least 1 rai in size w00t.gif

Got to try me some snake one day,If it is as good as crocodile then the snakes had better watch out !!!!

DSCF3175.JPG

Edited by shaggy1969
  • Like 2

Watching my friends in Songkhla, mixing and spreading fertilizer on one of their rice fields...

One sack 46-0-0 to two bags 16 -20 -0 ..... mixed carefully and then spread by hand ! Repeat until all the paddy done! (12 rai on this patch)

IMG_8197.JPG

Took four of them about 2 hours .... early morning.... man it was hot..... by 8 am! .w00t.gif.... and I was only watching !!! biggrin.png

IMG_8212.JPG

Field was flooded after application...

IMG_8235.JPG

• Like 2

While analyzing the number of downloads of my resently posted pictures, I've come to the conclusion readership is high on trying to identify who are my wholesalers. laugh.png

Would you like to have their contact numbers ? tongue.png

Maybe they all were just trying to do the same as me,trying to guess which one of your wholesalers was knocked out by noon.......my guess is the chubby one wearing glasses.

@ Dancealot. Thanks for posting those photos mate and of course many thanks to Wormfarmer for kindly agreeing to share them.

I have seen worm farming in Thailand before,but not on this scale....that's an awful lot of worms and compost !!!

Was that a typo in the first photo Dal?that surely must be cow or pig manure.......stop horsing about smile.png

@ Dancealot. Thanks for posting those photos mate and of course many thanks to Wormfarmer for kindly agreeing to share them.

I have seen worm farming in Thailand before,but not on this scale....that's an awful lot of worms and compost !!!

Was that a typo in the first photo Dal?that surely must be cow or pig manure.......stop horsing about smile.png

This is all direct information from the wormman, the wormsource. Everything has been verified, approved and quite genuine.

I whish Jimmy would scale down his new photo's. I have to make my browser smaller but then it's hared for me to read. . Getting old !

While analyzing the number of downloads of my resently posted pictures, I've come to the conclusion readership is high on trying to identify who are my wholesalers. laugh.png

Would you like to have their contact numbers ? tongue.png

Maybe they all were just trying to do the same as me,trying to guess which one of your wholesalers was knocked out by noon.......my guess is the chubby one wearing glasses.

The "fluffy" one is on a strict Lao Khao diet. happy.png

I whish Jimmy would scale down his new photo's. I have to make my browser smaller but then it's hared for me to read. . Getting old !

ah yes, I was wondering if that was causing some problems...for you guys.....w00t.gif

It seems google plus / picasa have changed the size options to "full size" or "for web", when uploading.... I choose for web... This change has come about in the last couple of weeks.... Darn nuisance..blink.png .. the previous options they had were much better.

Why they just don't leave things alone! blink.png

Is anyone else having the same problem with Picasa ??? It must be due to latest version> ?sad.png

ah yes, I was wondering if that was causing some problems...for you guys.....w00t.gif

It seems google plus / picasa have changed the size options to "full size" or "for web", when uploading.... I choose for web... This change has come about in the last couple of weeks.... Darn nuisance..blink.png .. the previous options they had were much better.

Why they just don't leave things alone! blink.png

Is anyone else having the same problem with Picasa ??? It must be due to latest version> ?sad.png

OK been trying to check this out.... I just see that it does not down size the images under "best for Web" It's the same as the original w00t.gif So they have a bug to fix there....sad.png

I just tried this, but need feed back from you guys... resizing using Google Plus... a long tedious way of having to do things bah.gifsad.png

How does this work for size .....? ..... 1280 x 853 approx... Perhaps should be smaller yet?

IMG_9995.JPG

Edited by samuijimmy
  • Like 1

@ Jimmy

Do the 800 or 1000 like everybody else does.

Bear in mind many of the farm enthousiast(like myself) are on an aircard which can be very slow in the sticks.

Think of the readers before posting.wai2.gif

Edited by Dancealot

@ Jimmy

Do the 800 or 1000 like everybody else does.

Bear in mind many of the farm enthousiast(like myself) are on an aircard which can be very slow in the sticks.

Think of the readers before posting.wai2.gif

It was Google Plus giving the problem, of choices of size... I have now deleted that .... and hope that going only from Picasa, that the images will be back to normal size for everyone.... ( I just hope the already images uploaded don't go south.....sad.png )

Fricking pain Google Plus! bah.gif

I'm using ACDSee Photo Management 12, resizing to 1000 x 750 is the preferred size for me.

Aha! I deleted ACD..

I am using a clandestine/ midievel 1MB freeware program called PIXresizer for the past 5 years. For any beginner a good startthumbsup.gif . Only 1 screen/about 10 options. Easy/simple and fast

I'm using ACDSee Photo Management 12, resizing to 1000 x 750 is the preferred size for me.

Aha! I deleted ACD..

I am using a clandestine/ midievel 1MB freeware program called PIXresizer for the past 5 years. For any beginner a good startthumbsup.gif . Only 1 screen/about 10 options. Easy/simple and fast

I used to use ACDsee it's a good program ... I even used to do Beta testing for them... But now I am only a Mac user, and they have not got their Mac version anywhere close to PC version.sad.png

I am still sorting Lightroom, but it is laziness or not enough hours in the day, to get too serious about it!!! !

This is a long dusty road to the rice paddy.... Hope that size it better.... thumbsup.gif

27-IMG_8326.JPG

several kms in from the main road

26-IMG_8324.JPG

Edited by samuijimmy
  • Like 2

@ Samuijimmy

The last set of photos you uploaded are a lot more comfortable to view.

The ones before were OK to view on my desktop monitor (big widescreen)

but on my notebook I needed to scroll and slide to view the full image.

Great photos BTW thumbsup.gif

@Dancealot

Thanks mate for sharing your cabbage photos,another first on this thread

Variety is the spice of life,so they say.

Also my apologies regarding the manure,should never of doubted you !!!!

Keep up the great work thumbsup.gif

@RBH

Those are some cracking sized pond you have there.

Do they take much maintenance keeping the water level at the desired depth?

How many fingerlings did you add this time,80,000 again?

Another great post from the fish man (& pig man) thumbsup.gif

Edited by shaggy1969
  • Like 2

22 ! Oh my Buddha ! That's a great accomplishment of a surrogation work for a great hen !

As for the 2 rai ponds, have water year round, 100'000 fingerlings into the 1st starting pond, made a request with the land deity, offering a pig head package & 2 Qt of Lao Khao...smile.png

(pig man, ha! you read~ shhhhhh~~~ph34r.png )