Farm Photos

shaggy1969

Couple of things ...

About sizing photos. Sometimes the simplest method is also the easiest.

If you have Microsoft Outlook and use it to send emails then try this.

Right click once on the photo you want to send.

The the option of 'Send To' is in the Drop Down box.

Highlight the 'Send To' and then a further box appears and the option of 'Mail Recipient' appears.

Left click and choose that option.

The 'Send Pictures' option appears and the default is 'Make all my pictures smaller'.

Click 'OK'

In the attachment bit inside the email is the now lower res photo.

Right click on that photo once and the option for 'Save As' appears.

Simply save that photo back to your original folder with a slightly different descriptor.

I usually start mine with LR ... then I have all the Low Res photos together.

Then just delete the unsent email.

Job done!

I can't tell you the exact size of the photo that this method produces,

but have a look at the plane spotting thread and you can see the results.

The beauty is also that you can do multiple photos at once.

It's not perfect, but like Thailand, it's simple and quick

and you can get back to enjoying things faster ... biggrin.png

BTW Sammy ... your photos always are to big for my screen as I use FireFox

and that browser doesn't automatically re-size stuff ... biggrin.png

1080 works for larger monitors, but 960 is better from smaller monitors.

The other thing ... Dancealot is having a wee holiday over the Songkran break ...

He's in the naughty corner ... tongue.png

Couple of things ...

BTW Sammy ... your photos always are to big for my screen as I use FireFox

and that browser doesn't automatically re-size stuff ... biggrin.png

1080 works for larger monitors, but 960 is better from smaller monitors.

The other thing ... Dancealot is having a wee holiday over the Songkran break ...

He's in the naughty corner ... tongue.png

Thanks for the input...David, thumbsup.gif ... I also use Firefox, but on Mac, but use a large screen..... DAL made a good point too about time it takes some of you to download images... sad.png

The issue has exasperated me lately, w00t.gif since Picasa has seem to have changed their sizing options... and the one that says "best for web viewing" obviously does not work bah.gif )

I think until Picasa sorts that, I had better do the other way and re-size on my computer first then upload.... very tedious! bah.gif .... I have posted the question, on Picasa forums about this issue, guess have to wait for them to do something! sad.png

Thanks for the comments guys! wub.png

This was the dog's first outing to the paddy .... he needs a bit of training! wink.png

10-IMG_8202.JPG

Jimmy,

it is a wonder the poor dog was not running around in circles with a burning bum from the fertiliser.

This was the dog's first outing to the paddy .... he needs a bit of training! wink.png

Jimmy,

it is a wonder the poor dog was not running around in circles with a burning bum from the fertiliser.

Yeah I wondered about that too wink.png or even burnt his "thingy" ..... biggrin.pngbut he did not seem bothered! whistling.gif

Jimmy,

Yeah I wondered about that too wink.png or even burnt his "thingy" ..... biggrin.pngbut he did not seem bothered! whistling.gif

must be breeding tuff boys down there on the Island !

Jimmy,

must be breeding tuff boys down there on the Island !

No No !!! ..... this is the rice farming area of Songhkla province, .... dogs on Samui are wimpswink.png .... they would be dancing.... wink.pngbiggrin.png

• Like 1

^^ RBH ... great video and thanks for sharing with us.

We've talked about this before and I reiterate ...

what you have is truly worthy of another tread just about your Farm operations

... but I'm sounding repetitive ... rolleyes.gif

^^ RBH ... great video and thanks for sharing with us.

We've talked about this before and I reiterate ...

what you have is truly worthy of another tread just about your Farm operations

... but I'm sounding repetitive ... rolleyes.gif

I support what David48 said here, RBH, buckaroo!

Thank you guys, i appreciate it... I like this tread of Shaggy's and enjoy posting it here, the truth is I'm just to lazy to maintain a topic. tongue.png

I hope shaggy wouldn't mind that it is a video instate of photos...

Man it's easy and you have got what it takes.

Loved your VDO editing btw. Lovely song and great intro. My gf listen to the 330 joke but she said ISAAN accent. plahdook or something.

I saw at 3:33 the fish magically formed the letters O and L or P. I thought the joke was about that...

Please reveal it RBH

The landlord was wondering how many pellets a fingerling would eat and i said let's count it, that's when everybody laughs and my farm hand said shall we count how many pellets in a kilo...laugh.png

Once he stared hard at the fishes going after the feed and then he suddenly burst out " 377 ! " cheesy.gif

Edited by RedBullHorn
  • Like 1

Thank you guys, i appreciate it... I like this tread of Shaggy's and enjoy posting it here, the truth is I'm just to lazy to maintain a topic. tongue.png

I hope shaggy wouldn't mind that it is a video instate of photos...

Great video RBH,and thank you for your kind words and for sharing your video,but I can also understand David48 and Dancealot wanting you to start your own thread.

When I first saw the black mass in your pond,I thought it was some kind of water plant until the food went in and the mass started bubbling.

It must be even more impressive when they start to get bigger,I would love the chance to witness that someday !!!

13 ponds in total now !!!,I think that you are slowly but surely turning Thailand into one big fish farm biggrin.png

• Like 2

Glad that you like it too Shaggy...

Okay let me explain a bit, the bamboo perimeter surrounding the feeding bridge is to isolate them for 2 days. I don't use hapa mesh as it would harm Clarias fingerlings (from experiance) because they will try their best to squeeze a hold out the 1mm mesh size even it means with their lifes, those that survive suffered deformed lips, lost barbels and blindness. I use the thick plastic sheet liner as you can see from some of the photo i posted recently.

2 days training them to be familiar with the feeding area, isolation feeding anti-bac, vitamin C and feed mix is made easier and an assurance that all fingerlings get their dosage. After that 3 day isolation period, release to roam the entire 2 rai pond.

I'm training my farm hand and he will follow all my instruction to successfully operate my rental ponds, i don't pay him salary. He is on contract hiring, pay by weight of the yield when comes harvest.

• Like 1

In case anyone is missing posts by Dancealot, he's in good hands... enjoying the beaches on Samui! thumbsup.gif

Here you can just see his toes... oh the beer... two for him one for me.... that was the early part of the afternoon!!!! wink.pngbiggrin.png

IMG_0683.JPG

He may never be back!

In case anyone is missing posts by Dancealot, he's in good hands... enjoying the beaches on Samui! thumbsup.gif

Here you can just see his toes... oh the beer... two for him one for me.... that was the early part of the afternoon!!!! wink.pngbiggrin.png

IMG_0683.JPG

He may never be back!

He may never be back!

oh come on now,.....that's not nice.... rolleyes.gifbiggrin.png .... he will be devastated if I tell him that in the morning .... so will his Fan Club.... I think he has one, doesn't he ? whistling.gifbiggrin.png

• Like 1

Hope these images load ok, as I've never added pics here before, not the best quality pics,, I downloaded from my emal to iPhone,, the wife took them this morning when they drilled out borehole,, thought about putting them in the borehole topic,, but promised shaggy I'd post some pics in the farm photos,, once again appologies in advance, but I'm still offshore and rely on the wife sending me pics for the moment

post-100183-13666275006354_thumb.jpg

post-100183-1366627541146_thumb.jpg

post-100183-13666275757263_thumb.jpgpost-100183-13666276253101_thumb.jpg

post-100183-1366627664477_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hope these images load ok, as I've never added pics here before, not the best quality pics,, I downloaded from my emal to iPhone,, the wife took them this morning when they drilled out borehole,, thought about putting them in the borehole topic,, but promised shaggy I'd post some pics in the farm photos,, once again appologies in advance, but I'm still offshore and rely on the wife sending me pics for the moment

Hi Jonny

Thanks for sharing your borehole photos,no need to apologize fella.

I bet you are happy that you have a water supply now.thumbsup.gif

Yes, been getting a bit concerned about the bamboo we planted 9 or 10 months back, still no rain the wife says, apart from a small shower a couple nights back, the canal close to the land is still dry, so at least thisll save the wife taking the hose from out govt water supply,which she's done on the last couple occasions, good I thought to do the borehole in dry weather, I think she said they hit water at 13 mtrs, but wife told them to go to 20+ mtrs,, all in for 7000 incl pipes not bad I thought,

although in the pics I dont think they really look the part of a pro outfit, they've drilled boreholes for the wife's cousins before without problem,, so I suppose time will tell,