Farm Photos

shaggy1969

The buffalo seem to do well on the same sort of feed, don't see any skinny ones.

Interesting observation, Robby. Cows and buffalo's have the same stomach which is split into four compartments.

Perhaps they have a faster metabolism.

Ron posted a few pages back what a new banana probe looks like so I've been watching our banana tree. Eight days ago, overnight as he said, a two foot long pod appeared. This morning, 8 days later, we have our first bananas seeing the light of day. Can't wait to eat the first one!

By the way, cannot seem to add a Flickr image. Did TV change how they embed photos?

post-498-0-70851600-1395886362_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Ron posted a few pages back what a new banana probe looks like so I've been watching our banana tree. Eight days ago, overnight as he said, a two foot long pod appeared. This morning, 8 days later, we have our first bananas seeing the light of day. Can't wait to eat the first one!

By the way, cannot seem to add a Flickr image. Did TV change how they embed photos?

A two foot long pod indicates it will be a reasonable sized bunch. Keep an eye on it over a week or more it will open up and you will see the individual hands appear and when the ones on the bottom of the bunch appear a lot smaller and a different colour it is time to remove what is left of the pod.

For those that are interested,the images showing the different stage of the fruit forming are in post #3490 on page #140 of this thread.

• Like 1

attachicon.gifNanners.jpg

As far as posting images goes.I have had a lot of trouble recently and didn't know whether it was TOT running slow or thaivisa playing up.At times it wouldn't let me post any image but everything working fine at the moment.

It's not TV, T_Dog^^. Flickr changed the image view procedure.

After selecting the desired picture just go to the right of the screen and select the 3 dots:

Then select Download/All sizes and proceed as usual.

thumbsup.gif

Edited by Dancealot

Farm workers shelter.

Suspended from the roof is a fish trap,at least I think that's what it is.

If so then it is the biggest I have ever seen!! If it isn't a fish trap then could someone please tell me what it is.

P1060976-001.JPG

P1060985-001.JPG

yes my mia wife said its a fish trap

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Small mangoes starting to fruit around the south now! Is it the same up north?

IMG_4003.JPG

Yes it's the same in the Uttaradit area but I have to say that every tree that I saw was literally covered in blossom and now from what I see the same trees have a very small percentage of fruit you would expect from that amount of blossom.While I have not seen every tree in the district,have not seen any with the amount that I can see in the image that you have posted.I have a theory that it could be because of the amount spraying that is used continuously on the rice paddies but I admit that may not be correct.

Here is a tree across the road that is normally almost covered with mangoes but not so this year.

DSC01989.JPG

• Like 2