Farm Photos

shaggy1969

Took this picture while visiting a resort in Doi Saket.

attachicon.gifSAM_0562r.JPG

Simply tranquil!

Hello muchogra

My apologies for not thanking you for your photos and welcoming you yesterday.

It is always nice to see new members posting in the thread and seeing farming Thailand through their eyes and photos.

So a big warm welcome and thank you for sharing your photo with us. wai.gif

Shaggy

Had one set of stunted fruit appear and waited another day and two more showed up. Tried to cut off that blossom but a simple twist was all it took to get it removed. I'm wondering how many days before harvest but the better half is excited about making Banana Flower Salad as long as the dog doesn't run off with it!

Well done.I really don't know exactly how long it takes to ripen,it would probably depend on conditions and i expect it would be at least a couple of months.Just keep a check on it and wait for the 1st banana to turn yellow and that's when it is time to bring it down tree and all.As far as removing the blossom,my wife uses a long bamboo pole and pushes the pointy end to the side and up.Must try that myself next time making sure to dodge the sap as I do so.

Edited by Ron19
  • Like 1

Had one set of stunted fruit appear and waited another day and two more showed up. Tried to cut off that blossom but a simple twist was all it took to get it removed. I'm wondering how many days before harvest but the better half is excited about making Banana Flower Salad as long as the dog doesn't run off with it!

Well done.I really don't know exactly how long it takes to ripen,it would probably depend on conditions and i expect it would be at least a couple of months.Just keep a check on it and wait for the 1st banana to turn yellow and that's when it is time to bring it down tree and all.As far as removing the blossom,my wife uses a long bamboo pole and pushes the pointy end to the side and up.Must try that myself next time making sure to dodge the sap as I do so.

Appreciate your earlier advice Ron; spot on. Regarding that sap, I got an armful as soon as it broke off. The juices of new birth!

• Like 1

@Ron....I hit the like button mate in appreciation of the photos you posted and not because I liked the damage that I saw.

I sincerely hope that not too many of your banana trees were damaged in the storm and hopefully you will still get a good crop out of your remaining trees.

Rice straw sunset.

Our damage was minimal and occured amongst trees already established.Only lost one tree and I managed to save another by propping it up.

• Like 1