Farm Photos

shaggy1969

My little one in our rubber and our new E-tan outside the in laws house.

Your new E-tan.w00t.gif I notice the decent, basic RT140 engine.thumbsup.gif. Can I ask where it was built?

Could you please include it here for the Etan enthousiasts amongst us?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/665153-etans-images-of-them-in-thailand/page-33#entry8150015

Hey Dancealot . It was built to a couple of different specs so it was 195,000 bt just for the chassis and motor . The wooden bed and fold down sides cost about 30,000 and the labour for 4 guys for 4 days was about 9,000 I think. The guys that built the chassis are located about 50 north of Sukhothai in a small village that I don't remember the name but I can go and get their phone number if anyone wants it I the future .

I have gone into full detail breakdown on the the forum in farming under farm trucks . If you can't find it I'd be more than happy to list all the costs associated for you mate. Here's my latest new toy Tak Tak , Rot Thai or Iron Buffalo call it what you may , 10 horse kubota motor and rice paddle wheels and a set of off road rims and tyres and chassis, delivered for 70,000 bt . Haggled him down 3,000 , Thais are too save face to haggle not me I'm an Ozy and it's coming out of my wallet so it's part of the fun and purchasing process , bahaha .

Enjoy my fellow TV people , I've got to go I've got 100 new rubber babies to dig in and blisters to get .

Garry

• Like 2

fried okra, is hard to beat as a veggie at dinner time. or stewed with fresh tomato and of course add to soup, gumbo, etc, every garden should have a couple rows of okra just to remind us of our roots, The same may be said for the lowly turnip also

"Lady finger".... is another name for Okra ! ^^^^wink.png

latest crop at my local hydroponic farm looking good ... one lettuce did me two meals....

SAM_2911.JPG

Now he has grapes blooming too.....

SAM_2910.JPG

The bleating sheep still not arrived yet! .....delays still in construction.... but it is coming along! wink.png

Edited by samuijimmy
  • Like 2

fried okra, is hard to beat as a veggie at dinner time. or stewed with fresh tomato and of course add to soup, gumbo, etc, every garden should have a couple rows of okra just to remind us of our roots, The same may be said for the lowly turnip also

Fried okra, black eyed peas and collard greens. Now your talking and eating.licklips.gif.pagespeed.ce.v-hsVd-Wpu.gif

Sammi ... I'm confused.

Is that your Hyrdo Farm ... or one on the Island that you like to visit?

Sorry to have you confused David, tongue.pngfacepalm.gif It's one of the local Samui Hydroponic farms, near me, that I like to visit.... It's nice to talk to someone who understands "industry jargon" once in a while, and just to see how innovative he is in trying things in our local climate... he does a lot of research before trying stuff.... for a Thai his English is very good too!

Some things work, other things don't.... at least trying is better than doing nothing! .... right ! ?wink.png

• Like 2

Sammi ... I'm confused.

Sorry to have you confused David, tongue.pngfacepalm.gif It's one of the local Samui Hydroponic farms, near me, that I like to visit.... It's nice to talk to someone who understands "industry jargon" once in a while, and just to see how innovative he is in trying things in our local climate... he does a lot of research before trying stuff.... for a Thai his English is very good too!

Some things work, other things don't.... at least trying is better than doing nothing! .... right ! ?wink.png

Hello All, sorry to go off pictures as such, but could you post some pic of his nute system

and as if he buys meady made of if he mixes his nutes from bulk chems?

Thanks, rice555

Sammi ... I'm confused.

Hello All, sorry to go off pictures as such, but could you post some pic of his nute system

and as if he buys meady made of if he mixes his nutes from bulk chems?

Thanks, rice555

"nute system" not sure what you mean here Rice.... not a term I am familiar with!!!! But I assume you mean the fertilizer, "nutrition" perhaps is what you meant ?

It is in soluble form of fertilizer .... and probably varies at stage of growth it is circled around by small pumps... Technically it is not "organic" and never sold as such, but I know other than the fertilizer he uses no chemicals for pest or decease or weed control what so ever... If a crop fails, which happens in wet season sometimes, the lettuce is sent down the road to the local pig farm...

Back to photos now! tongue.png

How about some corn plants! (in a field)wink.png

Buddha%2520beach%2520area%252030%2520Mar

• Like 2

Hello All, saumijimmy I was wondering about his supply tanks, returns and

and if he has an automatic nutrient dosing and pH adjustment system?

I've been growing everything besides corn and beans in coir using nutes/

nutrients/fertilizer that I weigh out and mix up, also using a EC meter to adjust

for each crop.

Your corn looks fine, was the hydro farm's corn a success?(555)

rice555

Hello All, saumijimmy I was wondering about his supply tanks, returns and

and if he has an automatic nutrient dosing and pH adjustment system?

I've been growing everything besides corn and beans in coir using nutes/

nutrients/fertilizer that I weigh out and mix up, also using a EC meter to adjust

for each crop.

Your corn looks fine, was the hydro farm's corn a success?(555)

rice555

facepalm.giftongue.png ummm I will head down their tomorrow and get more photos of tanks etc....nothing fancy about them.... probably photos here in farm photos somewhere!

I know he has bags of various soluble fertilizers, magnesium etc... But I have not been around when they do the mixing... etc .... No doubt he would have an EC meter to make adjustments to the fertilizer mixes.... as needed...

It's really only the lettuce that grown hydroponically.... maybe Italian basil (can't remember off the top of my head ) His toms and corn are in pots.... with soil / compost...

Toms were not looking too happy last week, they were showing signs of blossom end rot.... said he needed to get some calcium....

I will see tomorrow and report back ..... wink.png with a few more photos.... before "we" whistling.gifget into trouble about being off topic! rolleyes.giftongue.png