Farm Photos

shaggy1969

hi shaggy,

i dont like jumping in, but they look like quail to me,,,,,,,

home tomorow, well start flying land in bkk on thuesday morning 8am,

Hi Jake

No worries mate,was just a guess going by the stripes on their heads.

You have a safe journey fella and good luck with them farrowing crates.

• Like 1

This is a flower of the red fleshed variety of dragon fruit. Note what looks like an extra flower about ss east of the center.There are three flowers on my original trial set up which is alongside of our home and they are all the same.I am toying with the idea of taking cuttings from the these plants and planting them on the other block once they have finished fruiting.The reason for doing this is that there appears to be a problem with pollination where they are now that doesn't seem to be a problem at the other block.

DSC08473.JPG

not a flower guy myself really, but that is a beautiful bit of nature.

• Like 1

Sammi ... did they have any Whipper Snippers / String Trimmers / Weed Wackers for sale?

No Davi ! I don't ting so.... But take a boo at their web page, I linked ....seemed to be a few other tings...

For weed whackers here I would look at Honda or perhaps Sthil ! wink.png (not sure if I spelt that correctly!) blink.pngtongue.png

• Like 1

@ Jake Cheers for the reply mate and personally am happy to hear that your mums to be are in pens and not crates.

Love the action shots of your as well,you could say that they bowled me over biggrin.png

@ Ron That's a new one for me also mate never seen that done before.Saves on the old back and knees.

Here it is from another angle which shows it a little better.I'll keep an eye on this paddy to see how it grows.

DSC08204.JPG

Here is an update on the above original which was taken on the 18th of this month and the same plot taken today.Looks like that

method of planting works fine and looking at the photo,the only thing I would query is the planting density. That may be misleading

because of the reflection of the house and trees etc behind the paddy.

DSC08571.JPG

Edited by Ron19
  • Like 2

Thai made wood chippers! I saw these at a street fair, in Nathon Samui, today.... the guys gave me a demo... they seemed to work very well! All sizes, both electric and Gas!

Start at 42,000 baht I think he said !!

IMG_7370.JPG

Ones to put on back of tractor ...

IMG_7377.JPG

IMG_7375.JPG

Blade sharpener too!

IMG_7376.JPG

For more info, contact Khun Boon at www.nimut.com or email [email protected]

Hope that helps any one looking for such a thing! wink.png

A friend of mine in Queensland who has a tree felling business, told me that he would put most tree branches through his chippers with the exception of PALM trees, as they just stuff the blades super quick.

^^ What's in the Bags Jimmy?

If that's a photo of a Rabbit are the bags full of carrots and lettuce leaves?

Fertilizer ..... David...! .... 16 20 0 if I remember, it was a few years ago now! Down in Songklha province! Perhaps they recycle bags that have Bunnies on them! tongue.pnglaugh.png

• Like 1

Thai made wood chippers! I saw these at a street fair, in Nathon Samui, today.... the guys gave me a demo... they seemed to work very well! All sizes, both electric and Gas!

Start at 42,000 baht I think he said !!

IMG_7370.JPG

Blade sharpener too!

IMG_7376.JPG

For more info, contact Khun Boon at www.nimut.com or email [email protected]

Hope that helps any one looking for such a thing! wink.png

A friend of mine in Queensland who has a tree felling business, told me that he would put most tree branches through his chippers with the exception of PALM trees, as they just stuff the blades super quick.

Perhaps that's why they sell an optional sharpening thingy! ^ In the first pic he shredded a coconut frond with no problem.... leaves where stripped off, they may cause binding problems....

Did you like the pic of you shoveling Poo? ^^^^tongue.pngbiggrin.pngwhistling.gif

Shaggy ... WOW ^^

Nothing stands out with your photo above ... everything stands out.

Somehow I just wish Farming life was as romantic as it's displayed in your image above.

I now have two favourite Shaggy photos ... that one and the Tractor in the Sunshine Photo.

Cough ... did someone say 'Farming Calendar' this year?

Maybe time to start the conversation?