Farm Photos

shaggy1969

^^ are they grafted?

I was surprised when I went to the plant place and they were grafted.

How old before they started bearing fruit?

How old are those trees?

These are not grafted and as far as I know they are around 18 months and just starting to bear fruit now.they will be sold when the fruit starts to turn orange and when that happens,I'll slip in and grab a couple that are flawed to make Paw Paw/Pineapple jam.Recently I've made two jars of mango jam and four jars of mango/granny smith apple jam which should last a couple of months.The mango season has almost finished here then I will have to rely on the Paw Paws to see me through to the next mango season.

As far as being grafted,these aren't as I believe most or even all in Thailand are bi-sexual.In Western Australia,we had number of them over a period of twelve years and it was hit or miss whether you got one that beared fruit when grown from seed.Having said that,we had several that had exceptional fruit.At times you would get one as long as from your elbow to your finger tips.

Edited by Ron19
  • Like 2

In your flower pic there teletiger, is that the foliage of the plant or is it mixed with another plant? A little hard to tell... wink.png

My first thought it is a red flowering ginger.? ...

(There are hundreds of types of ginger)

Yes, those were the leaves. Maybe 2 metres tall with the flowers at about 1.60 (5 ft)

It was mixed in with a patch of lobster claw lillies.

Regards.

post-25023-0-74523100-1369383049_thumb.j

In your flower pic there teletiger, is that the foliage of the plant or is it mixed with another plant? A little hard to tell... wink.png

My first thought it is a red flowering ginger.? ...

(There are hundreds of types of ginger)

Yes, those were the leaves. Maybe 2 metres tall with the flowers at about 1.60 (5 ft)

It was mixed in with a patch of lobster claw lillies.

Regards.

So could be red ginger flower then...flowers are usually more erect!

Nice pic of the lobster claw lilies~! thumbsup.gif

here you go shaggy as promised, mac has just sent me theses, not much to look at but its ours,,lol

jake

Thanks Jake,and many thanks to Mac also.

What a difference those plants have made to your home.

It looks very homely.I am really happy for You,Mac and little Janet.

I see why you call yourself pigeonjake now thumbsup.gif

lol,, i was a big pigeon racer in england, and ive managed to get hold a a couple over here, ive got 7 racers and 2 tumblers,

and as you see we have a few budgies and mac said there are baby budgies in the nest boxes so she very excited over that,

ive just got a little more work to do, cosmetic really,

we sold our last batch of pigs the other month, ill just buy them when im at home to take care of them to much for mac having janet to take care of, she has her ducks and chickens,

jake

• Like 1

lol,, i was a big pigeon racer in england, and ive managed to get hold a a couple over here, ive got 7 racers and 2 tumblers,

and as you see we have a few budgies and mac said there are baby budgies in the nest boxes so she very excited over that,

ive just got a little more work to do, cosmetic really,

we sold our last batch of pigs the other month, ill just buy them when im at home to take care of them to much for mac having janet to take care of, she has her ducks and chickens,

jake

There will always be a pig in pigeon.biggrin.png

A visit to my friend Tong Dee farm to see how he was doing with his mushroom farm.

Having had a look at the image we just had taken in the view finder Tong Dee said he wasn't happy with how small he looked compared to me.

A couple of breeze later Tong Dee was a happy bunny.

He even looks happier in the second one. tongue.png

• Like 1

A visit to my friend Tong Dee farm to see how he was doing with his mushroom farm.

Having had a look at the image we just had taken in the view finder Tong Dee said he wasn't happy with how small he looked compared to me.

How did you lift him, Sir, Shaggy? Surely, you haven't used your super powers for this?

How did you lift him, Sir, Shaggy? Surely, you haven't used your super powers for this?

Oooops,my bad.......I meant to write breeze blocks / cinder blocks.

Here is my front garden, yesterday .... The Elephant ears have just come out into bloom....

Just to the left of above, the Peacock flower, (orange, this one ) hardly ever stops bloomin' thumbsup.gif

I like colour around the garden! thumbsup.gifbiggrin.png

Stunning Jim......

I think that if my Missus ever gets to see your garden,you might be missing a few of them beauties whistling.gif

Here is my front garden, yesterday .... The Elephant ears have just come out into bloom....

Just to the left of above, the Peacock flower, (orange, this one ) hardly ever stops bloomin' thumbsup.gif

I like colour around the garden! thumbsup.gifbiggrin.png

Stunning Jim......

I think that if my Missus ever gets to see your garden,you might be missing a few of them beauties whistling.gif

Better come quickly then, Shaggy, I am planning on moving in the next few months !

But most of the stuff I have in my garden is just from cuttings or divisions I have stuck in the ground ... most things are quite easy... but not all, the peacock tree produces seedlings, but they seem to take a while to develop.... wink.png

Plants with colourful leaves make a good contrast too! thumbsup.gif

Lawn%2520November%2520Nov%252022%252C%25

• Like 1

So, my last Sunday on the boat in France..

Back to sunny Cornwall on Tuesday for a well earned pasty or 5, then back home to Surat on the 6th June smile.png

Therefore, it's competition time !!

Guess what it is... There will be some landscaping photos in following posts, so nearly relevant ??

Ahem! Cornish! Where did you think of that name?

I would like to thank you for sharing your feelings of happyness in life with us. I feel more happy after reading your post. On pic #1 you really seem you are actually wanting to draw the plans, good acting! cheesy.gif

This however made me question your own liability.

You can go to any building site and set up this charade.

In the south of France there are many migrant workers from Espana who could be paid to 'pose' in your photo's as Thai workers.

Also you seem to have covered up all the French marks or writing on the trucks by cleverly blurring that image. The ducks are not from thailand, these, along with the geese are a delicacy in France and easy to get. You have probably eaten them already.

I still live in Holland. And these New Holland trekkers from Thailand are just as common here.

Good you stay so mysterious about your actual plans. You made me curious about burying a concrete pipe in the middle of nowhere. This pipe can be used for many purposes.

Edited by Dancealot
  • Like 1

Kao Koh Mountain landscaping series 2013;

Waiting, a job cannot be done properly unless the worker before you has prepared the soil according to his job description.

post-70928-0-56011700-1369606888_thumb.j post-70928-0-12795600-1369607778_thumb.j post-70928-0-46008600-1369608592_thumb.j

Initial results, dreadful to see nature is being tortured only in order to add two driving lanes. This part of route 12 has seen too many head on collisions so bear in mind this is the real reason the dig the moutain. I have never seen a traffic jam there.

post-70928-0-10927600-1369608025_thumb.j post-70928-0-67496800-1369607968_thumb.j post-70928-0-89942300-1369607182_thumb.j

The machines. My favourite brand of endurable excavators Komatsu where clearly too expensive for this contractor. These basic Hitachi's and the odd Volvo will have to dowhistling.gif

post-70928-0-68085200-1369608649_thumb.j post-70928-0-90193500-1369608765_thumb.j post-70928-0-45631700-1369608847_thumb.j

Edited by Dancealot
  • Like 2

You're building an underground railway..........for ducks.

Where's my prize? smile.png

Regards.

Good you said that.

A challenge will not be a real challenge without a prize. I fear it's too late because i think he said he will be eating crumpets in the UK tomorrow and then back to Thailand.

Lets wait for the specific challenge rules.

You're building an underground railway..........for ducks.

Where's my prize? smile.png

Regards.

Good you said that.

A challenge will not be a real challenge without a prize. I fear it's too late because i think he said he will be eating crumpets in the UK tomorrow and then back to Thailand.

Lets wait for the specific challenge rules.

Crumpets !!!!

It's never too late for a prize Mr DAL..

Will upload a few more of the process later.

This all took place over a year ago, so it is pretty much finished.

Maybe not going to be as exciting as a duck railway, but that is always another project to think about :)

The prize is.... 2 peacock eggs, 4 guinea fowl eggs, 2 turkey eggs, 2 goose eggs and 6 duck eggs

That's all I have to offer but postage included wai.gif

• Like 2