Strength Of Contract Drawn Up During Non Contested Divorce?

jkinbkk

Currently going through the process of drafting the contract for a non contested divorce with my Thai wife.

I have happy committed to various financial commitment namely the kids education and other related cost involving their well being in relation to continuing to pay the mortgage, living costs etc for a period.

Living cost I have agreed to pay until my ex wife has a new partner, that means if the new partner 'moves in' or if she (with my son) move out to join her new partner I will cease to pay the mortgage and the living allowance currently agreed.

Equally, if for some reason my financial status changes over the coming year I may need to stop or reduce some of my commitment. Permanently or temporarily, who knows?

My questions are:

1. How best to provide myself flexibility within the contact longterm?

2. What really are the consequences for me legally if I fail too provide the commitments within the contact?

Rest assured I will always ensure my kids are taken care of, but I may want to terminate certain components of the contact if I see my ex wife is hiding details or dodging the facts when she finds a new partner!

Any advise?

Don't make any contract at all, agree to the legal requirement of 3-6kbht a month for your biological children at the Amphur divorce (entered on the divorce document). Everything else you give is 'goodwill'. If they aren't your biological kids, make no binding agreement.

Edited by TommoPhysicist
  • Like 1

Talk to a lawyer on how to best protect your intrest in an agreement. You can for instance agree to a payment of 20% of you salary, with a maximum of XXXX baht.

A contract would be binding and can only be changed by mutual consent or by a court decision. Not paying would be a breach of contract, or which you woud be liable.