Thailands Sex Industry

10 minutes ago, Bill97 said:

Misinformation,  strong sex industry here before Vietnam War R&R.

Yup, they don't call it the oldest profession for nothing.

Still, Thailand has made itself the hub of venality so videos like this are just ....well.....

image.jpeg.ffc6666150dcd95407d6e0810cae5f08.jpeg

Edited by Denim
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, StreetCowboy said:

Have the rules on discussion of the sex trade changed with Thaiger?

Discussion is fine, specifics are and always have been the "no go" as in, how much with who and where.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks for this informed video.

It's so sad that these beautiful young girls have to work in this industry.

My girlfriend comes from one of the poorest families I've ever met.

She had a baby to a Thai guy, her boyfriend of 4 years, he left her and the baby before my girlfriends son was born.

I met my girlfriend 2 months after her baby was born, she gets very little money (if any) from the father.

My girlfriend has had a few jobs over the 2 years I've known her, Big C, pet store, electronic factory etc. The wage she receives is not enough for milk, nappies etc, she gives her mother 5000 baht a month to care for her baby.

I give my girlfriend money for this and that, I want to help her, I'm not sure if she's with me for the money or she has feelings for me, we get along well together and I'm happy to be with her. 

In Australia we'd have similar prostitution if the government did not enforce garnishing of wages from fathers and social security, welfare.

It's sad to read and I dislike negative comments regarding girls working in this industry, sure you get a few nasty girls but I'm sure most times it's the foreigners that ruin them. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Dioj said:

What a waste of a conversation. The government has proven to the public countless times that prostitution does not exist in any form at all in Thailand. So people need to focus on other subjects that aren't pure pulp fiction and stop trying to tarnish the country's pristine reputation!

Where is this "proof" you mention?  Prostitution is and always has been part of Thai culture. Many Thai males lose their virginity to prostitutes.  

3 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Where is this "proof" you mention?  Prostitution is and always has been part of Thai culture. Many Thai males lose their virginity to prostitutes.  

Ironic comment based on  police chiefs personally inspecting parts of Pattaye red light districts annually, for then stating their lack of finding of prostitution. 

Conclusion no prostitution found

Phew! No prostitutes in Pattaya’s Walking Street – Police

https://thethaiger.com/news/pattaya/phew-no-prostitutes-in-pattayas-walking-street-police

Edited by Hummin
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

My post was total sarcasm. Guess you don't follow the local media much. They constantly raid go-go bars, hostess clubs, and brothels in Thailand claiming they found no evidence of prostitution. 

• Thumbs Up 2

8 hours ago, Hummin said:

Ironic comment based on  police chiefs personally inspecting parts of Pattaye red light districts annually, for then stating their lack of finding of prostitution. 

Conclusion no prostitution found

Phew! No prostitutes in Pattaya’s Walking Street – Police

https://thethaiger.com/news/pattaya/phew-no-prostitutes-in-pattayas-walking-street-police

Walking Street is one street in Thailand - no one has said there is no prostitution in Thailand.

32 minutes ago, Dioj said:

My post was total sarcasm. Guess you don't follow the local media much. They constantly raid go-go bars, hostess clubs, and brothels in Thailand claiming they found no evidence of prostitution. 

Unless they do find evidence and shut the place down which also happens.  

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/23/2024 at 9:15 PM, Hummin said:
On 4/23/2024 at 8:37 PM, Bill97 said:

Misinformation,  strong sex industry here before Vietnam War R&R.

Sex industry but not sex tourism

No sex tourism during the Vietnam war either, surely?  They weren't in Thailand on holiday...

3 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

No sex tourism during the Vietnam war either, surely?  They weren't in Thailand on holiday...

She explain the start of sex tourism in Pattaya in the video. The soldiers on holiday created a good business opportunity for women. 

So basically vietnam war was the beginning of sex tourism

9 minutes ago, Hummin said:

She explain the start of sex tourism in Pattaya in the video. The soldiers on holiday created a good business opportunity for women. 

So basically vietnam war was the beginning of sex tourism

When did the first sex-tourists show up to Thailand?

On 4/23/2024 at 9:15 PM, Hummin said:

Sex industry but not sex tourism

So you are trying to say the sex for sale, only catered to domestic areas, and said no to international?

On 4/23/2024 at 9:33 PM, AreYouGerman said:

The solution to shut down sex tourism from the west would be if females from the west wouldn't just all try to sleep with the same top 10% of men and then do mass abortion like a serial killer.

Ya.