Good Beginner Programming Book In Thai

stevehaigh

i'd like to teach my daughter programming (thinking java rather than c/c++ because she would be more interested in programming on android than on a PC i think)

anyhow, her English isn't great so i was thinking of getting her started with a book in Thai

any recommendations?

thx steve

At the main bookstores you will find a wide range of programming books in Thai. (about 250 bht each) many of them are direct translation of the original book and contain the cd. I would suggest using one of them and if the code snipets are not enough to understand what they are doing so you can help her buy the English book too. My suggestion would be HTML5 and Javascript as it is at least a start in programming and instant results can be seen.

Out of curiosity, which language? Java?

yes, its just dumbed down c++, so a good starting point and quite useful since its the language of choice for android.

i'm porting my music app , TabTrax, from windows (mfc/c++) to android at the moment so i'm getting into java. i can port about 90% of my code with a few small changes, like changing -> to . etc, beside that, the APIs look a bit different but all the same principle really, just different syntax.

i've though about porting my app to ios but that looks like a nightmare by comparison.

steve

Edited by stevehaigh