Cats & Dogs

Tywais

Looks like ive got Him for Life,just turned up, Nice little chap though.attachicon.gif100_3707.JPG

AoP...Dogs know who's good & who isn't. Get him to a vet for a full checkup or

have a vet come visit to do the same....doesn't cost much. Take good care of

him, he'll take good care of you & you'll have a buddy for ages matey... thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

To All...

In Ranong I'm known as "The Dog Man"...Look up the Thai translation for educational purposes!

I have a very soft spot for soi dogs to say the least and an even softer spot for castaway defacto

purebreds that have turned out not so perfect for or in their previous owners minds. I'm not gonna

go into a long rant about culture clashes concerning animal treatment between East & West, this

is neither the place nor time. However...I believe, as we are all the Great Creators (God? Ub 2 U)

creatures, we deserve a decent life and liberty and the pursuit of happiness and all that stuff.

Dogs seem to receive the poop end of the stick on a continuous basis everywhere in the world

and I'm on a one man mission to try and solve that problem through education. A daunting task?

A noble cause? Mission impossible...yes to all of the above. But if somebody doesn't start who is

going to follow? There are others "out there" who have taken up the cause and bless them all;

most of all...don't stop what you're doing.It doesn't cost much...just a few Baht a day and some

time.

• Like 2

This is the latest addition to our wee family. she's a lovely cat, abandoned, I suspect when she was pregnant (last time!). She was living wild in the gardens nearby, reasonably used to humans, but is very wary nevertheless, which is why I think someone threw her out, or dumped her in the gardens.

We have been trying to build her confidence and trust, but it's a slow process. eventually, we were able to get her into a cage and set off for the vet, to get her "fixed". However, Rob was a little amazed to see the cat burst out of the cage and fly like superman clean out of a moving tuktuk...w00t.gif She came back 36 hours later and seems to have forgiven us for the terror ride, but she's gone and got knocked up again facepalm.gif ....which means attempt #2 at the vet ASAP. The neighbours will go balistic when there is another litter around. (Anyone want some kittens?.....book early to avoid disappointment!). Fortunately, a friend gave me a link to a cat and dog refuge out to the south of CM, so I hope I can get the new kittens re-homed as soon as possible after they are weaned (if I can find where she's going to give birth).

14246603018_2c06979648_b.jpg

14431889162_13bcf93a9e_b.jpg

Lovely little girl Rob! One word matey...Patience. Treat her right & she'll be around...

with her kids!!!!

• Like 1

^^ Back home in Scotland, I had 3 cats and 3 dogs, only 1 dog was planned, (Rob, my avatar) the others being rescues. No matter how much or how little they cost me, the joy of their companionship was paramount. All gone to meet their maker long since, but never forgotten.

This little lady will be quite a challenge, but she's won a place in our hearts...didn't realise how much so until she went missing for that 36 hours.

• Like 1

Smart dogs.... an nice shady spot, but a bit busy isn't it?

AHA! VERY smart dogs! clap2.gif Now move over and give Rob some room, eh?...

I forgot to mention in this that 7/11 has a GREAT aircon system... every few minutes, the dogs got a nice cooling blast as the shoppers went in / out....and God help those folk who disturbed the dogs, They got the evil eye and a dismissive grunt, but the dogs were NOT giving up their place for anyone at all.

• Like 1