Interesting Places

birdland

Hi

I was wondering if you can recommend any really interesting/fascinating places in Bangkok. I don't mean the already well-known places like The Grand Palace etc., but the more hidden, unknown places that has excited you. It can be restaurants, sites, inside/outside... anything goes as long as it has an adventurous and out of the normal side to it.

I really look forward to see your recommendations and following that to go explore the new places...

Thanks

• Like 1

Here are a few suggestions.

1) Siriraj Medical Museum

Located in the hospital. All kinds of sick and twisted/crazy stuff to see here.

2) Flowhouse

Artificial wave machine. Catch some surf in the city.

3) Bang Kra Jao

Hidden jungle in Bangkok only accessible by boat. Great place to bike around.

4) Lower Sukhumvit after 2am.

Place is a zoo full of ladyboys, drug dealing africans, crazy old german sex tourists etc. Have a beer at one of the road side stalls if only for the weird ambiance.

5) Tubtim Shrine

Forget buddha, why not visit a temple dedicated to fertility? Place is full of giant phallic shrines. Funny stuff.

6) Roadside pizza.

Ok you might think you have seen street pizza before right? Not like this. There is a guy who not only sells, but MAKES pizza on the street in a legit WOOD OVEN on

the back of a pickup truck. You can find him near Town in Town area in Bangkok.

7) Warehouse Hotel

Hotel designed like a warehouse.

• Like 2

Place is a zoo full of ladyboys, drug dealing africans, crazy old german sex tourists etc. Have a beer at one of the road side stalls if only for the weird ambiance.

Personally I don't reconmend it, I have had some close calls with drugged out twits wanting to go me.

Check out China Town.

Personally I don't reconmend it, I have had some close calls with drugged out twits wanting to go me.

Check out China Town.

Well he wanted "adventurous and outside the norm"

Wouldn't be too adventurous if it was as safe as your Grandma's living room.

I've never had anyone have a go at me there. Most people are too preoccupied trying to bang hookers to bother fighting.

Here are a few suggestions.

1) Siriraj Medical Museum

Located in the hospital. All kinds of sick and twisted/crazy stuff to see here.

2) Flowhouse

Artificial wave machine. Catch some surf in the city.

3) Bang Kra Jao

Hidden jungle in Bangkok only accessible by boat. Great place to bike around.

5) Tubtim Shrine

Forget buddha, why not visit a temple dedicated to fertility? Place is full of giant phallic shrines. Funny stuff.

6) Roadside pizza.

Ok you might think you have seen street pizza before right? Not like this. There is a guy who not only sells, but MAKES pizza on the street in a legit WOOD OVEN on

the back of a pickup truck. You can find him near Town in Town area in Bangkok.

7) Warehouse Hotel

Hotel designed like a warehouse.

Nice list really. I am looking to have trip this week. Let me know which is the best place to spend my summer vacation.

The Bangkok seaview restaurant is worth a visit. After reading a report on thaivisa, we thought we would give it a try and we were very impressed.

Nice 20 minutes longtail boat ride out to the restaurant and great seafood.

www.bangkokseaview.com

There is a nice little park at Rama 3, very near the Rama 9- bridge. Nice riverview, good for a friendly hang out.

If you can stay until evening: the neighboring Sortrel Cottage is a nice restaurant (another one is at Narathiwas 16).

Good food, nice live music.