Which Beer Is Your Favourite (in Thailand)?

george

Which beer is your favourite (in Thailand)?  

79 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm with Sonthaya. Carlsberg ruled until they took their bat and ball and went home. So much so that my wife used to call me "Mr Carlsberg" :o

Chang is good as you don't need many to get a glow on....

Sometimes Leo as my wife enjoys it also.

Tiger without a doubt. I, too, was a Carlsberg fan, but the Tiger seems to have replaced that and isn't that much different but is heaps better - same, same but different. Doesn't go off as easy as Carlsberg either. Chang is great after a run when one has been sweating like a pig, but like the rest - Singha, Leo etc - it has weird <deleted> in it that doesn't bode well with sleeping soundly :o:D

Thinking about it...Chang buy a mile. Mai pairng and can pull into any shop on the way home, they always have it. The locals think you are ok too if they come by and spy a couple in your fridge :o

Even though I am drinking Carib in the Caribbean tonight :D

Leo...finally a good everyday Thai beer that is smooth enough to drink all night long and matches well with Thai food. The price is the clincher. My favorite pour to get excited about would be a specialty wheat beer of which there are many good ones; bottles from Germany and local microbrew.

I like Chang but Chang doesn't like me!!! Half a dozen bottles and next morning I have a "frenchman in my head with a big hammer"

Usually drink Leo, like the draught but the bottles are OK. Used to drink Singha but stopped when I read about the formaldahide.

The others are much of a muchness - designed to be "premium" beers and consequently more expensive, even though they are brewed under licence here in Thailand.

The venue also makes a difference ie Small Heineken or Tiger in BKK 80-85 baht Large Leo in KK 38 baht (and free ice as well)

I'm trying to figure out if Chang is winning this hands down because it is the best beer or because it is the strongest and everyone here likes to get roasted as quickly and cheaply as possible?

I like it, a quick two "king browns" after a day toiling around the yard and I feel pretty good :o

Which beer is your favourite (in Thailand)?

I voted other: the Lager Beer at the Tawandaeng Brewery in Bangkok on Rama III. Great Stuff.

I find most of the bottled beer sour, burns the hel_l out of my stomach. Generally drink them with ice. If I drink the bottled beer, choice one is Leo, choice two is Heiniken, but even Heiniken Thailand is a unique flavor (not necessarily a good flavor) as compared to European or American version.

Can NOT believe San Miguel is at a mere 3%! It's great in the Philippines, and it's the best thing going here. That and Asahi.

Chang? come on, i can't believe what i'm reading here.

Heineken in cans gives me a headache the next day. Bottles no headache, but the taste is not there, it's way different from Heineken in other countries.

I think San Miguel is good to but I have never seen it, probably why it hasn't polled. Same for Asahi.

Heineken here is absolute cats p!ss and provides the worst hangovers, I don't know how anyone can vote for it.

Chang is probably leading as it is what is the most widely available anywhere up country when the need arises, just needs to add some some ice in your tankard :o

I think San Miguel is good to but I have never seen it, probably why it hasn't polled. Same for Asahi.

Heineken here is absolute cats p!ss and provides the worst hangovers, I don't know how anyone can vote for it.

Chang is probably leading as it is what is the most widely available anywhere up country when the need arises, just needs to add some some ice in your tankard :o

Two places i get my San Miguel from are Family Mart on Soi 4 (down the Soi a bit, kind of across the soi from Sin bar) and the food store, basement level at Siam Paragon. They have Pale Pilsen and Light.... mmmmmm