Aircraft Paint Remover

angryfarang

Do you really want to use paint stripper? That stuff is nasty. I used it to strip a car. I guess it wasnt fully removed when the car was painted and started bubbling. Then a painting guy showed me a razor blade tool that you could use to remove paint. Looked like it was easier and safer. I also don't really see the point of stripping to bare metal. Unless the paint is checking you should just be able to paint over it.

Loctite Thailand has Graffiti remover.

http://www.loctite.c...D=1000000J67862

I also saw a can of Chisel paint remover but they don't list it on their site.

Paint a test section liberally with brake fluid and leave it for 3-4 days. If that works paint the whole frame and rinse off with a power washer. OR send me another PM! No point in having a dog and barking yourself!

Edited by VocalNeal

I would think you get a frame sandblasted or better pearl blasted instead of removing the paint with a chemical.

Brake fluid will for sure remove the paint, but you may risk to have a lot of problem with your new paint coming off as well.

If you rell y want to remove it by chemical, I would visit one of those chroming shops as they use very strong acids before they chrome an item.

Hey BSJ,

I'm still weighing up the pro's and con's of powdercoating the frame. The other consideration is to spray it myself or have it sprayed locally. Having it sprayed locally in 2 pack is a good option, however I don't trust they will do the preperation work properly, hence me wanting to strip it to the bare metal myself.

Cheers,

Matt.