V.i.p Bus To Samui

Hi I posted this in the travel forum but didn't get a response so I'll try it here

I've got friends coming to Samui using the V.I.P bus service from Bangkok, can someone tell what happens when they get to the ferry port across from Samui on the mainland.

Does the V.I.P bus come across on the ferry to Samui?

if so where to do they alight Nathon, Lamai, Chaweng

Do they need to stipulate there destination in Samui when booking?

There Japanese so I'm kinda restricted in my ability to converse with them via a phone, actually by any way of communications.

Just that I need to pick them up, if it doesn't bring them to Chaweng, where I'm staying, otherwise there's going to be some lost Japanese wandering around the Island.

Many thanks

Edited by spacedcowboy

Majority come to Nathon, bus station on the road going out of Nathon going towards lamai on the right. www.farangfriendly.com/surat-thani/koh-samui/transport-public-private/koh-samui-bus-terminal

That map is outdated.

Go north from the Amphur and you find the temporary bus station on your right.

The new one that is finished but not open yet is located between Immigrations and Nathon hospital.

• Like 1

The bus will go on the ferry with them and will wait for them outside so they can pick up their luggage, then the best is to share a songtheo/taxi to go a point on the main road or you can pick them up directly at the pier.

Hi.

If they are not already committed to a life of bus travel, you might like to point out to them the benefits of the overnight sleeper train from BKK.

ie, they can walk about, eat meals/refreshments/breakfast - plus get a good sleep.

The sleeper fan coach is hardly any more different in price than the VIP bus - just a couple of hundred baht - and there is even the option of your open private compartment.

Leave BKK at about 6:00 pm - get the first ferry to Samui (or maybe the 7:00 am one - I forget). Oddly, it seems to take about the same time as the bus (advertised as 10 hours tho it is always at least 12 hours . . .)

R

• Like 2