British Ex-Pat And Thai Wife Report Poor Service From Pattaya Police

Rimmer

British ex-pat and Thai Wife report poor service from Pattaya Police

england-2.jpg

PATTAYA:--A British man and his Thai wife complained to journalists outside of Pattaya Police Station early on Saturday Morning about a case of assault they had tried to report to Police who appeared disinterested to investigate until it was medically proven the injury was recent and consistent with a punch to the face.

Khun Rajindar aged 43 spoke on behalf of her husband Mr. James Ernest Russell of the same age and explained that earlier in the night the pair had parked outside of the MacDonalds Restaurant on Pattaya Second Road in front of the Avenue Complex when a Thai man and woman pulled up beside them. The woman approached Mr. Russell and seconds later, as if she was distracting Mr. Russell, the Thai man threw a punch to the side of Mr. Russell’s face. The pair then drove off.

Before the victim and his wife went to Pattaya Police Station they obtained CCTV images from the MacDonald’s store which showed the incident take place and provided Police with the license plate of the attackers motorbike.

Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/70911/british-ex-pat-thai-wife-report-poor-service-pattaya-police/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2013-01-19

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

what a tragic incident,the BiB couldn't care less if a farang gets beatun up... I stay out of trouble with my policy "lock my door after sunset and stay inside until sunrise" Most incidents are fueled by excessive alkohol consumption and too much "thainess" :(

Why is this news ?? whistling.gif

Because they are supposed to be worried about Thailands image as a tourist destination?

But this is just normal behaviour by the BIB isn't it ??

Unless of course you are a RUSSIAN Tourist making up 48% of all visitors

sorry.gif couldn't help myself

Why is this news ?? whistling.gif

Because they are supposed to be worried about Thailands image as a tourist destination?

Hahaha sorry, forgot to leave the irony button turned on...wai2.gif This type of story has been written up before, where the police

interest in a crime with no money involved hovers close to.................0. I have heard stories of people having to pay the police

in order to report a crime, but I have no direct knowledge of that.

Assaulting a farang is just not worth investigating in most cases. What's in it for the police?

Now if a farang takes a whack at a Thai, there may be some money to be made and the police will be concerned.

If a Farang takes a whack at a Thai, he will also have to take on another five.
  • Like 2

There always seems to be a lot of "knocking the police" on here...........for sure some may be less than "straight-up"

But let's be fair, they have got it "all to do" with the Thai rogues, along with the tourist/ex-pat trouble makers

They will be the first (and only) people we can run to should any of us have the misfortune to have problems

So why not "cut them some slack" .......I don't see many (if any) posts congratulating them when they "come up trumps"

• Like 1

Khun Rajindar revealed that Mr. Russell has many businesses in Pattaya and should have been treated much better than he was.

Sounds like Khun Rajindar's expected treatment by the police has a lot to do with Mr. Russel's 'many businesses'. In fact they should be treated EXACTLY the same as somebody with no businesses.

• Like 2

There always seems to be a lot of "knocking the police" on here...........for sure some may be less than "straight-up"

But let's be fair, they have got it "all to do" with the Thai rogues, along with the tourist/ex-pat trouble makers

They will be the first (and only) people we can run to should any of us have the misfortune to have problems

So why not "cut them some slack" .......I don't see many (if any) posts congratulating them when they "come up trumps"

You plan on running to the police when you have misfortune?

Let me tell you about a Thai friend of mine. A successful business person. Her brother is a Thai Policeman.

He told her to "never ever trust a Thai Policeman. Never tell them anything. You are on your own."

Exactly..... I have learnt this the easy way and the hard way. Been offered this advice by several Thai friends, didn't pay enough heed and learnt the hard way.
  • Like 1

I will always avoid dealing with the Police here as will the majority of my Thai friends.

They are nothing but a bunch of organised criminals in uniform and best avoided.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Thaivisa Connect App

So if a drunk (or sober) Thai writes-off your car you do nothing ????

If someone breaks into your house you do nothing ????

If someone kills or rapes your wife you do nothing ????

I see

Please turn your bolding off. I am just guessing, but I think FarangTalk is involved in this conversation in the context of the OP. So for something as minor as what this couple are claiming happened (one side of story only), I wholeheartedly agree with FarangTalk that the police are best avoided.

A totally wild stab in the dark, but I wouldn't be surprised if the guy deserved the slap in the face for some incident that happened up the road a ways......blink.png . They have then gone to the police station to try to save some face by causing a stink for the other guy, throwing their weight around (big local businessman) and it has backfired rolleyes.gif . The BiB didn't buy the story. So they have resorted to badmouthing the police to the press in a last ditch effort to feel better about themselves. whistling.gif

The English guy might find he just made himself the subject of the latest crackdown after raising his visibility with the police so much. Not that I wish that upon anyone, but he hasn't helped himself out too much with his actions.

Sorry to say but the sheer fact the guy even went to the police shows he hasn't been here long.

The Pattaya police could not care less about an incident like this and even if they did then they wouldn't have the competence to help anyway. He would have to pay the police first just to even start helping, then all they would do is pocket the money and look forward to whiskey with their motorbike taxi friends later.

Lesson learnt and he will know for the next time.

Edited by rinteln