Redevelopment Of Washington Sq

wordchild

does anyone know what is going to happen to the old washington sq area? i walked in from soi 22 the other day to have a look around. looks like the demolition is in full swing. what struck me is the size of the demolished area whatever is going up is going to be huge it cant surely be yet another central or paragon type shopping centre but then again this is Bangkok . there is also another site further down soi 22 on the left also very large looks like that is also earmarked for something. big changes coming to soi 22.

It's not just the old Washington Square area either I think.

All the Shophouses on that side of Sukhumvit from the old Dubliner Bar all the way to Soi 22 are now vacant - I guess they are all going to be part of the same development.

Patrick

yes thats what i noticed its a huge area , with a frontage on sukhumvit of say 150 mtrs + from the end of the park all the way to holiday inn and then a frontage on soi 22 from the holiday inn down to the old entrance to washington square. a bigger site than the new emporium for example. Edited by wordchild

Rumored to be a Central to counter Emporium and upcoming Emporium 2. unsure.png

3 huge shopping malls all within 100 yards of each other... still at least it keeps them concentrated in one area and easy to avoid. The rumour I heard is that it's condos BTW.

• 2 months later...

noticed some comment on another forum suggesting that the WS area is to be developed by the Mall Group (the owner of the Emporium). So (if true) with the original Emporium, and the new one opposite ,and now this one ,they would have 3 shopping centres all within a few hundred meters of each other.