Car Wash

visarunner

Hi,

I bring our car to following stations where I had good experinece .

1.Handwash :Caltex on Sukhumvit 103,Udomsuk,24 hours,open ,on the left ,in the middle from Sukhumvit to Srinakarin. Nice person's and they are open 24 hours.

2.Handwash: TPI on Sukhumvit Soi 105,near BKKPatana ,good n cheap.

3.Washing Street: PTT on Sukhumvit Soi 105,next to BKKPatana,quick n cheap.

4.Handwash :Shell on Rama 4,near the entrance to Sukhumvit Soi36, friendly n good.

5.Handwash :Alisa Carwash on Viphavadee,between Sutthisan n Chatuchak, nice,friendly,free internet.

Where do you bring yr car.

Edited by visarunner

Well i dont take my car ne where, 1. prefer to do it myself 2. dont want the hassel my mate and a few other people have had.

My mate took his car to one of the car washes left it there for a full clean and wax, on his return checked the car over and found a dirty great scratch on the passenger door, wheich was not there when he left it.

Bearing in mind his car was only a week old. The usual thing happened one of the workers dropped his spounge or shammy on the floor picked it up along with some gravel then continued to clean the car.

This was his following conversation (well Nearly)

What the hel_l happened to my passenger door :anoyed: What passenger door :o that dirty scratch wasnt there when i gave you the car :D yes it was. No, it wasn't. Prove it :D

So this is one of the reasons i dont take my car to be washed by someone else, maybe in the UK but sorry not here do you really this the Car Wash hold insurance for this sort of thing? NO, i dont think so same.

Moonhunter :D

moonhunter, I'd be more than mildly miffed too.

If I have a newer vehicle I would certainly do it myself, as it is the beast already has scratches so it's not really an issue.

Not sure if a UK wash would be any different on accepting responsibility though.

I wash my motor at Seri Centre or on the new place across the road from Bkk Pattana - Never had any problems, money missing, scratches etc.

NEVER SAY NEVER!!!!!!!!!!

Mike :o

I had the same experience; they ran scratches down both sides of an almost new car; offered $400 in compensation, then backed out asking me to prove the damage.

I could not, and that was that.

Mind you that was in New Zealand.

Here? 5 years of washing almost every week, never a problemo.

The er, night life places, they have a pretty good washing service. I used to get pulled up on that one by my family when returning late at night with a clean car :D

The parking lot under Emporium has a good car wash/wax service. Enter on Soi 24 and when you see the right turn to go down to level B2, go straight and you will see it immediately. 140THB for outside only, 220THB for inside cleaning too. Expensive, but you do not need to look for a parking spot while you shop or see a movie. They do a great job too.

Normaly I clean the car my self starting with a pressure washer from Tesco 1900 baht and a brush from the UK then a silicone wiper expensive but great especially on a black car (no streaks) , then I wash the drive and paths with the pressure washer .

But if I am super lazy the best wash I have found over the years is the Caltex Station near to (but on the other side of the road ) Dream World going towards the new Tesco .

Very quick ,cheap and sit and have a coffee and watch the cleaning in A/C comfort .

In the carpark at my local Robinsons.

It is much easier than finding parking it is so much easier to leave the car with them, great idea I think as they are flat out all the time.