Buying A House But Staying Overseas Most Of The Time

I have seen houses in moobans completely stripped of anything valuable. Even removed wooden window frames and all the wiring including the conduits and sockets.

And those had security, they probably got a share of the loot.

Buy land instead. Then when you get closer to relocate to Thailand start building a house on it.

Building prices go up too, but not by that much and it gives you time to save more.

Own a piece of land in Rangsit. Did not go check for 3 years since we had a lawyer to handle all properties. Had a shock when we went to see last year. Someone built a restaurant on part of our plot. How did they managed to build a restaurant and run it for almost 2years without the land deed?

This is my experience to share.

So how did this end? Who ended up paying to have the building removed, and what happened to the people running the restaurant?

I have seen houses in moobans completely stripped of anything valuable. Even removed wooden window frames and all the wiring including the conduits and sockets.

Buy land instead. Then when you get closer to relocate to Thailand start building a house on it.

Building prices go up too, but not by that much and it gives you time to save more.

Own a piece of land in Rangsit. Did not go check for 3 years since we had a lawyer to handle all properties. Had a shock when we went to see last year. Someone built a restaurant on part of our plot. How did they managed to build a restaurant and run it for almost 2years without the land deed?

So how did this end? Who ended up paying to have the building removed, and what happened to the people running the restaurant?

Sounds like the house was still there....somebody just built a restaurant on some of the land next to the house. I'm just guessing though.

Who is buying the house, you or your wife?

Be carefull as your wife may have to prove that it is her money and that you didnt give it to her.

Better to buy condo and then it is in your name, nice and clean.

Good luck

I think I will stick to just buying the land for now, and wait to build a house until we move there permanently. I guess we would have no problem proving, that my wife earned the money herself as she has salary slips.

We got the lawyer to evict them. Of course the restaurant owner has to pay for the removal. But we forgo asking them to pay rent.

Sounds like the house was still there....somebody just built a restaurant on some of the land next to the house. I'm just guessing though.

It was an empty plot before the restaurant was built.

wow the negativity is astounding!i have a house i only come and stay in one month a year has security bars installed (doubt i need them to be honest) its not on a moo barn but have a great neigbour who cuts my grass and waters the garden for me had no problems whatsoever , wifes family comes down every few months to check on things from bangkok.

Honestly its not a farang castle in a rice paddy attractng a ton of attention (hint) just a basic million baht house thats not a great deal to lose and all in my wifes name so whats the problem? i calculated my hotel bills for a month and figured it will be paid back in 10-15 years maximum . just dont spend loads of money on something that will just sit there a million baht can get you a very comfy house a bit of maintanance each year keeps me busy as i am not quite old enough to dwell in my own boredom just yet