My Kingdom For An Eye Dropper.

circusman

Perhaps this is my last resort. I have spent over a month in Chiang Mai looking for a simple eye dropper. I have asked in every pharmacy I see with no luck. They want to sell me eye drops or something that has a built in dropper. I just want some plain droppers around 8 cm long.

I need them for my tropical fish hobby. Pharma has none and I can't seem to get a working phone number for Fascino. Any ideas guys?

The aquarium shops all the west side of the moat south of Suan Dok Gate - 18.785519,98.978096 on google maps might have what you need. There are several fairly big shops along there.

Edited coordinates

Edited by DowntownAl

Aquarium shops don't have them as I visit everyone in town and out regularily.

Medical supply would be my best bet. Any chance for a name or phone number on it?

Pharma Choice 3

25 Suthep Rd. T. Suthep A. Muang

Chiang Mai 50200

Thailand

Telephone: 053-808325

Fax: 053-808325

Fascino

9 Suthep Rd. – 053-278259

Edited by ARISTIDE

Many chemists also have syringes, in differing sizes.

Bought a couple in the pharmacy at the Night Bazaar, like Ramrod711, to medicate the cats.

NB - They ARE syringes "A syringe is a simple pump consisting of a plunger that fits tightly in a tube."

Ramrod is thinking of "Hypodermic syringes which are used with hypodermic needles."

Same Same but Different.

Will stop at our vet on the way to Sizzler this evening. Eye drop bottles and droppers are pretty small for what I need. Pharma has none and Fascino phone numbers don't work.

Thank you all for the nice advice. In case your wondering what use I have for these, some baby fish need to be moved. It must be done gently or the backbones can be damaged. These little devils are smaller than the letter i.

Edited by circusman

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. We called Union Science Supplies and they said no. I refused to believe there are no eye droppers in Chiang Mai. I downloaded their catalog and they have plastic one piece pipettes which will work. At least they have them listed. We will check after the graduation traffic madness. By the way, this place appears to have every piece of chemistry equipment that any mad scientist could hope for.

Most pharmacies/chemists have plastic droppers. 10B

DropperSuctionBulb2.jpg

BUT you need to go to a proper pharmacy/chemist and not a shopping mall one that sells makeup, whitening cream and other female sundries.

Or has been said buy a syringe. Also 10 baht

Chiang Mai Plastic in Wararot Market has a section in the middle of the store that sells empty medicine bottles with droppers for about 20B. They are in a glass case in the section that has temple incense and candles. If you've never been in there, it's worth a wander - I call it the Everything Shop!

• Like 1

Neal. Pipette is the word for these. The Union supply catalog shows them. Yes, they would work if I can find them in the Union shop.

Pharmacy workers don't associate these with the word eye dropper. When in fact they do the same job.